Xbox One is a sensational next-generation console, created for your entertainment and available worldwide on the market from Microsoft. However, some users have reported the problem shutdown during the update, but we will helpfully advise you how to fix it.
With this powerful guide, you can upgrade yourself and from home, so you can continue using your Xbox One console. It is worth trying to keep the fun, not only with games, but with your favorite music and movies as well.
Possible reasons why your Xbox One turns off during the update
It should be borne in mind that when an electronic device has problems from the technical system, several probabilities can arise. Like, for example, whether it is a problem with xbox one, your internet connection, or something serious is going on with Microsoft.
Before you think that the device itself has a factory defect, you should perform the following checks on your Xbox One:
- Check if your internet connection is stable, otherwise the instability could prevent the update process.
- To connect to the Internet more securely and without interruption, use a direct Internet cable and not a wireless connection and the console will shut down. Wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on.
- If the problem comes from Microsoft, it might be due to increased download requirements, please wait and try to update later.
- If you keep trying and still can't update, contact Microsoft.
Fix the problem when updating the system on Xbox One
Probably when you are updating or after updating the latest version of your console, the screen will show the error, which does not allow it to boot properly. Follow the advice to repair your Xbox One system below, quickly and easily.
- Check the error code, you can do this by simultaneously pressing the two upper front buttons together with the triggers. In a few seconds the error code will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- The code may vary at first depending on the country you live in, so discard the leading characters (0x) and consider the next eight characters.
- To continue, proceed to see the corresponding steps for each error code we present to you.
Section of the error code
In this section you will find the most frequent error codes, which usually appear when an update error occurs.
- 800701E7 This error means that you need to perform an update without an internet connection. Find out how to fix it.
- For this it is necessary to have a PC with internet available, with Windows operating system and with USB.
- Proceed with the download of the OSU1 update file in NTFS format on a pendrive with 6GB of space available only for download.
- Connect the USB to the PC, open the file and save it.
- Then, unzip the file by right-clicking and selecting Extract All from the pop-up menu.
- Copy the $ SystemUpdate file to the pendrive and log off for use on the console.
- 8B050033 This bug indicates that the update is not available, maybe there is something wrong with the Xbox server. In this case, try restoring the system one more time.
- 8007019x, 80072xxx, or 87DDxxxx These errors indicate that they may be there problems retention in cache or that there are difficulties with the network. So I confirmed your internet connection.
- Check by pressing the Xbox button, open the guide, choose Profile & System then Network Settings and select Check Network Connection.
- If the connection is valid, turn off the console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 minutes. When it shuts down, unplug and wait half a minute, plug back in and on again, ho tried to install the update again.
- If you have a problem with the connection, try using the Xbox One Network Connection Troubleshooter. If the update problem persists, try the offline system update. As mentioned in the steps for error 8B050033.
We hope you find this guide useful for running and troubleshooting your team Xbox One and keep having fun.