The field of music streaming services is crowded, but YouTube Music definitely stands out. It is YouTube's extended arm and one of Google's most popular platforms. You can rely on the text search functionality and get first access to all new official studio releases.
It's certainly top notch, but one of the main reasons many users flock to it is the customizable playlists. You can easily add as many songs as you want to your YouTube Music playlist.
Can you make multiple songs at the same time, though? There is no designated function that allows you to speed up the curation of your playlist. However, there is a workaround, and that's what we're going to talk about in this article.
YouTube Music vs Spotify: Which Music Streaming Service is Best for You
How to add more songs to YouTube music playlist?
We can all enjoy that pleasant feeling of listening to the perfectly customized playlist. In the YouTube Music app, adding a single song to your playlist is pretty simple.
When you listen to a song and you like it enough to put it on one of your playlists, this is what you do:
- Click the three-dot menu icon.
- Then select "Add to playlist".
- Select an existing playlist.
The song will automatically appear in the playlist of your choice. However, it is not possible to add more songs to your playlist currently on YouTube Music.
What you can do instead is add an entire album to a specific playlist. This may be less than ideal, but it can greatly speed up the creation of the perfect playlist. If you like a particular artist and most of her work, this might be the perfect fit for you.
You can add the entire album to a playlist and then manually delete unwanted songs. Not perfect, but it works. We will walk you through the process and show you that it is actually a decent system.
YouTube vs Instagram Reels Stories: Which TikTok Clone is Better
Let's first see how you can add an album to your YouTube Music playlist via your Windows computer.
- Go to YouTube Music and log into your Google account.
- Enter artist name or full album name in the search box.
- If your search shows multiple results, be sure to click on the "Albums" tab.
- Click on the three vertical dots next to the album name.
- Then, click “Add to Playlist”, select a playlist or create a new one.
All the songs on the album will be added to the playlist of your choice. If you want to manage your playlist and tracks further, go to Library> Playlists. To remove the songs you don't like, here's what you do:
- Click on the mentioned playlist.
- Then, click on the three vertical dots next to the song and from the menu select “Remove from playlist”.
- Repeat this step as many times as necessary.
If you are a Mac user, the process of adding an entire album will be the same as for Windows users. So no matter what browser you are using, follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube Music and log into your Google account.
- Search for the album you want. Make sure you switch to the "Albums" tab.
- With the cursor, click on the three vertical dots next to the album.
- Select "Add to Playlist" from the menu and choose from the list.
You will find all the songs if you go to “Library”, then click on “Playlist”. You can proceed to manually remove the songs you don't want one by one.
If you are an Android user, you can download the YouTube Music app from Google Play and install it in under two minutes.
If you sign in with your Google account, the playlists you already have will be there. Now, if you want to add albums to a specific playlist, just follow this simple step by step guide:
- Launch the YouTube Music app on your Android device.
- Search for the album you want to add to a playlist. Tap the "Albums" tab to narrow your search if necessary.
- From the search results, tap the menu button next to the album.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Add to Playlist”.
- Choose your playlist or create a new one.
You can tap the "View" button at the bottom of the screen and it will take you directly to the playlist. Alternatively, you can tap "Library" at the bottom of the screen and tap "Playlists" to view all the playlists you have created. If you want to remove songs from playlists, here's what you do:
- Tap the playlist where you added the album.
- Select the menu button next to the song name.
- From the pop-up menu, tap “Remove from playlist”.
That's all. Not only have you managed to add multiple songs to a playlist, but you have also removed unwanted tracks.
10 tricks to use YouTube Shorts like a pro
For iPhone users, the YouTube Music for iOS app works the same way as for Android users. However, let's cover the steps and walk you through the process. Here's how it works:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your iPhone.
- Find the album you want to listen to and click the menu button next to it.
- A pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select "Add to playlist".
- Select a playlist or create a new one.
You can repeat this process as many times as you want. Also, you can remove songs from the album by going to the playlist in the “Library” section.
Create and edit playlists in YouTube Music
We talked about adding albums to specific playlists or creating new lists in YouTube Music. If you are an experienced YouTube Music user, you probably already have a huge library and know how to manage it.
However, if you don't have a single playlist yet, we'll show you how to create it. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your mobile device.
- Tap the "Library" icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Playlist".
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the “New Playlist” option.
- Enter the name of your new playlist and choose the privacy settings (Public, Private or Unlisted).
You can also create a new playlist while you are listening to a track. While the song is playing, tap on the bottom menu in the top right corner of the screen.
Then select the “Add to Playlist” option from the menu. Tap the “+ New Playlist” button and add the name and privacy settings for the playlist.
There are many ways to edit your playlist. First, you can remove songs from the list whenever you want. Here's how it works:
- Tap the menu button next to the YouTube Music playlist you want to edit.
- From the menu, select "Edit Playlist".
There are a number of things you can do from here. First, you can change the title of the playlist. You can also change your privacy settings. There is also a section where you can write a short description of a playlist.
You will also be able to see the exact number of tracks on the playlist and the app will give you the option to manually arrange the order of the songs. When you're done editing your playlist, tap "Done" at the top of the screen.
- : The process of creating and editing a YouTube Music playlist is more or less identical when using a browser.
How to find more great playlists on YouTube Music?
There is a virtually infinite number of songs and playlists on YouTube Music. However, you may now find yourself knowing what to listen to and struggling to create the ideal playlist. Fortunately, there is a solution. However, you will need to sign in to YouTube, not YouTube Music, for this to work.
- Launch YouTube on your mobile device.
- Go to the “Explore” tab at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap on the "Music" section.
- You will see countless music playlists organized by categories. Tap the "+" icon and it will automatically appear in your library.
You will see the playlist added in the YouTube Music app as well the next time you log in. Also, if you're planning on using a web browser, follow this link instead and browse the playlists.
1. Can you merge YouTube music playlists?
If you have several playlists that you want to merge into one, it's pretty easy to do on YouTube Music. Here's what the process involves:
1. Select one of the playlists from YouTube Music.
2. Tap the menu button next to the playlist. Select "Add to playlist".
3. From the pop-up menu, choose the destination playlist.
All the songs from the first playlist are now merged with the songs from the second playlist. You can repeat the process by adding all the tracks to the next playlist and so on.
2. How many songs can a YouTube music playlist have?
At the moment, the maximum number of songs you can have on a single YouTube Music playlist is 5.000. The number of songs allowed may increase in the future, but there are no official announcements yet.
Store all the songs you love on YouTube Music
One of the advantages of YouTube music is that it is easily customizable, which refers to playlists. Adding multiple songs at once would be great and super convenient, but it's not possible yet.
Regardless, there are many great ways to manage your playlists, including adding entire albums and merging playlists. Whenever you don't want a track in your playlist, you can remove it in just a few taps.
Keep in mind that YouTube Music is available for the web and as a mobile app, and while the free version includes ads, it's still one of the best music apps on the market.
How do you manage your YouTube Music playlists? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How to connect YouTube to Waze
- How to connect Spotify to Waze
- How to add album art to YouTube Music
- How to transfer playlists from Google Play Music to YouTube Music
- How to listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot