Through this article you will see how to save WhatsApp status videos and pictures. WhatsApp allows users to upload images and videos as daily status updates. As these status updates are automatically deleted from WhatsApp after 24 hours, some users want save WhatsApp status videos and pictures on your devices.
How to save WhatsApp status videos and pictures
An easy way to save WhatsApp status images is to take a screenshot of the Status. However, this method doesn't work for save WhatsApp status videos.
So, the best way to save both WhatsApp status videos and images is to access the hidden “.statuses” folder on your device, where WhatsApp keeps status uploads for 24 hours.
On an Android phone, the hidden “.statuses” folder can be easily accessed using a File Manager app or using the ES Explorer File app. In the case of an iPhone, WhatsApp status videos can be recorded using the screen recording feature available on iOS devices.
1. Save WhatsApp status videos to Android Phone using File Manager
Whenever you view a status on WhatsApp, that status is automatically saved for 24 hours in a hidden “.statuses” folder on your device.
So, the easiest way to save WhatsApp status videos and images on an Android phone is to access the “.statuses” folder on the device using the “File Manager” and copy the WhatsApp status videos and images.
On Samsung phones the "File Manager" is labeled "My Files". On Xiaomi, Motorola and most stock Android phones, it is labeled "File Manager".
The easiest way to access File Manager is to search for “File Manager” with the help of the Google Assistant.
On Samsung phones, you can access File Manager by tapping All apps> Tools> My files. On Android phones, you can access File Manager in the app menu.
If you can't find the File Manager on your device, you can skip this method and use the second one.
1. Open File Manager on your Android phone.
2. Using File Manager, go to Device Storage> WhatsApp> Media.
3. Once the WhatsApp Media folder is open, tap on the 3-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen and tap on the Show Hidden Files option.
4. Next, tap on the .Statuses folder.
5. In the “.Statuses” folder, select the WhatsApp status videos and images you want to save and copy them to another folder.
Suggestion: to keep all your WhatsApp images in one place, copy the WhatsApp images to the “WhatsApp Pictures” folder and copy the WhatsApp videos to the “WhatsApp Video” folder.
2. Save WhatsApp status videos to Android Phone using ES File Explorer
If the File Manager app is not available on your device, you can use the ES File Explorer app to copy WhatsApp videos and images from the hidden “.Statuses” WhatsApp folder.
1. Download and install the ES File Explorer app from the Google Play Store.
2. Then, open the ES File Explorer app> tap on the 3 line icon and turn on the Show Hidden Files option.
3. Next, tap on the 3-line icon and then tap on Local> Internal Storage in the drop-down menu.
4. Next, tap on WhatsApp> Media> .Statuses Folder.
5. Select the WhatsApp status videos and images you want to copy and paste them into a new folder.
3. Save WhatsApp status videos to iPhone using the screen recording function
Unlike Android devices, iOS devices don't have the File Explorer app. However, iPhone users can still save WhatsApp status videos and images using the built-in screen recording feature.
The screen recording function is not automatically added to the Control Center by default. So, you need to add the Screen Recording function to the Control Center first, before you can use it.
1. Tap Settings> Control Center> Customize Controls.
2. On the Customize Controls screen, tap the green button next to the “Screen Recording” option and it will be added to the Control Center.
3. Once the Screen Recording feature is added to the Control Center, you can record WhatsApp status videos and images at any time on your iPhone by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and tapping the Record button.
- How to hide photos and videos on Whatsapp
- How to send high quality videos via WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
- How to add background music Whatsapp Status
- How to share WhatsApp status as a story on Facebook
- How to delete WhatsApp videos and photos to free up space on your mobile