Adding a new contact to WhatsApp can be done in seconds. You can add contacts to WhatsApp by manually entering them in chats or by scanning the QR code from their WhatsApp profile. You can also import contacts from your phone to WhatsApp. When saving a phone number on Whatsapp, don't forget to start their phone number with a plus sign and then add the international prefix for their country.
How to add phone number to WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a surprisingly popular messaging app - many people choose to use it because it's compatible with both iPhone and Android and works over WiFi, so there's no need to use cellular data. Do you want to add a new contact to your WhatsApp address book? You can easily do it in two different ways, here's how to save a contact on Whatsapp.
How to add a contact to WhatsApp
There are two ways to add a contact to WhatsApp: you can manually enter contacts via the Chat tab or, if your new contact is physically nearby, you can simply scan their information via a QR code.
How to add a contact to WhatsApp via the Chat tab:
- Open the WhatsApp app and go to the tab Chat (it's at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and top on Android).
- On the Chat screen, tap the button New chat- You'll find it at the top right on iPhone and bottom right on Android.
- Toccata New contact.
- Fill out the New Contact form - enter at least the name and phone number, but you can also enter any additional details you wish. If you wish, you can also scan someone's QR code from this page.
- When done, tap Save.
How to add a contact to WhatsApp via QR code:
On the other person's phone:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Toccata Settings.
- At the top of the Settings page, tap the QR code symbol to the right of the person's name.
On your phone:
- Open the WhatsApp app and tap Settings.
- At the top of the Settings page, tap the QR code symbol to the right of your name.
- If you have an iPhone, tap Scan at the bottom of the screen. If you have an Android phone, tap Code scan at the top of the screen.
- Place your phone on the other phone so that you can scan the QR code with the front camera. Wait a moment until the phone vibrates - you have now scanned that person's contact information.
- Toccata Add to contacts.
How to change phone number on WhatsApp from the same phone or from a new phone
- How to use WhatsApp QR codes to add contacts
- Deleting WhatsApp contact, very easy
- How to hide the WhatsApp profile photo from a contact without blocking it
- How to make WhatsApp calls using the Google Assistant
- How to hide photos and videos on Whatsapp