In this article we will look at how to change your age on TikTok if it has been entered incorrectly and you want to access age-appropriate features. You cannot change your age on TikTok within the app. To change your age on TikTok, you need to contact the platform's customer support team within the app or by email.
It is not possible to manually change your age in the TikTok app. TikTok aims to prevent underage users from viewing explicit content or interacting with adult users.
The social networking and video sharing platform TikTok curates videos for its users based on a number of factors, including the age of the users.
TikTok's popularity exploded last year when it became one of the most downloaded apps of 2020. However, many of the platform's hundreds of millions of active users are under the age of 18, which has raised privacy concerns for minors, although the app points to its "full TikTok experience" for users 13 and older, according to its security center.
TikTok tightened its privacy settings in 2021 by making all accounts under the age of 16 private and removing the ability to change the date of birth within the app once the age is set. Now, to change your date of birth on TikTok, if it's inaccurate, you'll need to contact the app's customer support team.
How to change your age on TikTok
If your age has been entered incorrectly in the TikTok app and you wish to correct it without creating a new account, you can email TikTok at [email protected] to request a change or contact the customer support team platform via the Support section of the app, as described below.
- TikTok app for iPhone and Android.
- To touch Profile at the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner.
- This will take you to the page Settings and privacy. Scroll down until you see the section Quick and below, touch Report a problem.
- Select Account and profile.
- To touch Edit profile.
- Select Other.
- Next, tap Do you need more help? option.
- This will take you to a feedback form where you can enter a text request to change an inaccurate birth date on your account.
How to change a caption on TikTok
A TikTok customer service representative will then send you an email to the address associated with your account. In such correspondence, you will likely need to provide a government-issued form of identification to confirm your identity and date of birth to make the change.
- How to search on TikTok
- How to change TikTok username in a few simple steps
- How to add stickers to your TikTok videos
- How to make your TikTok account private in 5 steps
- How to make stickers for TikTok