How to make your TikTok account private in 5 steps. When you make your TikTok account private, only users you approve will be able to follow you and view your content. Making your account private is a great way to prevent strangers from seeing and commenting on your videos.
When you create a TikTok account, your profile is automatically made public so that anyone can follow you and view your videos, but if you want to prevent strangers from seeing your content, TikTok allows you to make your account private at any time.
When you make your account private, everyone who is already following you will follow you anyway, but new users who want to see your posts will have to make a request, at which point you can approve or deny. In just five quick steps, you can make your TikTok account private. That's how.
Why set your TikTok account as Private
There are many reasons why you should make your TikTok account private, here are some of the main reasons
- Compared to Snapchat, TikTok is permanent in your profile until you delete it. Therefore, anyone can see your video if you don't set your account to private.
- Maybe you are not ready to show your video to your followers on TikTok and therefore keeping your account private may be the best option.
- Once you set the TikTok account as private, people would not be able to search and find your TikTok videos. This may be valid if you want to keep a limited number of close friends only in your TikTok account.
So, if you are interested in learning how to make your TikTok account private, here are the steps.
How to make your TikTok account private in 5 steps
- Open the TikTok app on your iPhone or Android
- Tap "Me" in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap the ellipsis in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap "Privacy and security".
- Move the slider to the right of “Private Account” to make your TikTok account private. When the slider turns green, you have made your account private.
You can further customize your account privacy settings by changing the settings under the "Privacy and Security" menu.
You can set who posts comments, who can duet with you, who can react to your posts, send messages and even see the videos you liked.
So, that's it - four simple steps on how to make your TikTok account private. Leave us a comment below with the reasons why you want to make your TikTok account private.
- How to protect your TikTok account
- How to search on TikTok
- How to change your age on TikTok
- How to activate TikTok Pro
- How to make your Facebook profile private