In this article we will see how to delete a tweet from the Twitter website or app. If you regret tweeting something, you can quickly delete it on any device. You can delete a tweet using the Twitter desktop website and mobile app. When you delete a tweet, it will be deleted from Twitter, but it may still be on the internet in other ways.
Twitter notoriously doesn't allow users to edit their tweets. If, on the other hand, you need to correct a typo or have simply changed your mind about a tweet you wrote, you must permanently delete it. Here's how to delete a tweet using Twitter's desktop website and its mobile app, and what happens after your tweet is deleted.
How to delete a tweet using the Twitter desktop website
1. Find the tweet you want to delete. You can do this on the Twitter timeline, on your profile page, or by clicking on the tweet to isolate it.
2. Click the three horizontal dots icon in the upper right corner of the tweet. A drop-down menu will open.
3. In the menu that appears, click Delete.
4. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the tweet. If you are sure you want to delete it, click Delete. If you've changed your mind, click Cancel.
If no errors occur during the deletion process (such as losing your internet connection), a small dialog box will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating that your tweet has been deleted.
How to delete a tweet using the Twitter mobile app
1. Find the tweet you want to delete. You can do this on the Twitter timeline, on your profile page, or by tapping on the tweet to isolate it.
2. Touch thethree vertical or horizontal dots icon in the upper right corner of the tweet. A menu will appear.
3. In the menu that appears, tap delete tweet.
4. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the tweet. If you're sure you want to delete it, tap Yes. If you've changed your mind, tap No.
Twitter notifications not working, 12 solutions
What happens when you delete a tweet?
Once you delete a tweet, it will disappear from your profile and history, but that's not all. There are several consequences of deleting a tweet.
For starters, any link pointing to your tweet will no longer show the original tweet. Instead, a message will appear on the page indicating that the tweet has been deleted. Also, the tweet will no longer appear in any search. However, any replies that have been made to your tweet will still be visible, whether they were posted by your account or by another user.
However, even if you've deleted the tweet and it's no longer visible on Twitter, that doesn't mean it's gone from the internet forever. If someone took a screenshot of your tweet before you deleted it, they will still be able to post the screenshot even after you delete the tweet.
- How to delete a retweet from Twitter
- How to set up and customize a new Twitter account
- How to post a GIF on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter
- How to block or unblock someone on Twitter
- Zoom not working: how to fix problems
Most Interesting Articles
- how to steal neighbor s wifi password fast
- where can i download garena free fire photos images and wallpapers
- what command can i gain or remove experience in minecraft with
- how can you play roblox without downloading very easy
- yakuza 0 guide to fighting styles
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 45 acp
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 9x18mm
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 366
- blasphemous donation guide