How to write bold and italics on WhatsApp. While it is sometimes a bit of a pain to have to constantly update applications, on some of these occasions we get pleasant surprises in the form of novelties.
One of these surprises we have recently had, thanks to the well - known messaging application WhatsApp, which has added a new feature that allows you to edit texts by placing allowing us to write in bold and italics on WhatsApp.
Did your message get lost in the sea of messages in your friends' group? Do you want to change part of the text? Do you need to send a more formal message and want to be able to edit it? If so, or if you just want to surprise your contacts with original text, we explain on EpicTrick.com how to write bold and italic on WhatsApp is su Android and iOS.
If you want to know how to write bold and italic on WhatsApp and you have Android you have to download the latest update or, at least, have the version 2.12.535 or + of this application.
How to write bold and italics on WhatsApp
Convert Voice Messages to Text | Whatsapp 2017
If you already have the minimum required version installed on your smartphone, you can already enter the different text formats, both in bold and italics, to give more dynamism to your conversations and make them clearer and more visual.
If you have ever witnessed a contact who wrote you an italicized text on WhatsApp it is likely that you have never started looking for the configuration that allows you to do so, however, this does not appear automatically but you must use a series of commands to decorate the text the way you want.
How to write bold and italics on WhatsApp for Android
Automatically reply on WhatsApp without Root
Below we explain how write in bold and italics on WhatsApp. As we said, there is no direct button to bold or italicize, but if you have Android it is very easy to write the text to be modeled:
- How to write bold on WhatsApp: just add the character "*" in front of and behind the word you want to be bold. For example, if we wanted to highlight in bold the word "EpicTrick", we would have to write * EpicTrick *, and when we send the message it would look like this: EpicTrick.
- How to write cursive on WhatsApp: For italics it is a similar operation but it changes the character to put before and behind the word. If we had to insert the asterisk for the letters in bold, in this case we will do it with the character “_”. Taking the previous example, if we wanted to write “EpicTrick” in italics on WhatsApp, it would be enough to write _EpicTrick_ and once sent it will look like this: EpicTrick.
How to Bold and Italicize on WhatsApp for iOS
How to share photos on Whatsapp without losing quality
But if you want to type in bold and italics on a phone with iOS do not worry, in fact these phones were the first to be able to enjoy the text editing that the WhatsApp application allows. To access this feature you need to update your application, at least from version 2.12.17 and +.
The operations you need to follow to write bold, italics are the same as for Android:
- How to write bold on iOS: adding the asterisk character (*) at the beginning and at the end of the word you want to write in bold.
- How to italicize on iOS: By adding the underscore character (_) at the beginning and end of the word you want to italicize.
It's possible to use all these formats at the same time, with the same word or message, combining them so that you can write the same word in both italics and bold.
Have you seen how easy it is to write in bold and italics on WhatsApp?
- How to apply text formatting in Discord
- Some tricks to use WhatsApp at its best
- How to change voice on WhatsApp
- Deleting WhatsApp contact, very easy
- How to restore WhatsApp backup on Android