8 best solutions for when WhatsApp notifications do not arrive on iPhone and Android. WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps in the world. In February 2020, the Facebook-owned company announced 2 billion users, up from 1,5 billion in 2018.
WhatsApp quickly adds functionality to the app and has become an integral part of many people to connect with friends, family and even advertise businesses via WhatsApp status and groups. Here's why, it can be heartbreaking if you do WhatsApp notifications do not arrive on iPhone or Android.
A user texted me saying: why am I not receiving Whatsapp notifications, why am I not receiving Whatsapp notifications? The problem is most noticeable on Android devices as some third-party Android skins or extensions may close the app in the background.
You can also attribute the problem to multiple factors, including battery saving mode turned on, WhatApp not using mobile data in the background, WhatsApp not working, and more. This post will walk you through the nine best ways to solve the problem with WhatsApp notifications do not arrive on iPhone and Android. Let's begin.
WhatsApp notifications do not arrive, how to fix on iPhone and Android
Whatsapp notifications are not received, update Whatsapp
WhatsApp frequently updates its app on iOS and Android. Problems with notifications could occur due to a WhatsApp bug. Go to the App Store or Google Play Store and update the WhatsApp app to the latest version. Those using WhatsApp beta on Android and iOS should update their respective WhatsApp builds to the latest versions, which bring several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Turn on iPhone and Android notifications
While setting up WhatsApp, you may have denied WhatsApp the necessary permission for notifications. It is always advisable to take a look at the notification permissions on iOS and Android and enable them.
- On iPhone, open the WhatsApp app and go to Settings> Notifications and turn on notifications for Messages and Group. Alternatively, you can open the Settings app on the iPhone and go to WhatsApp> Notification> and turn on the Allow Notification option.
- On Android, long tap on the WhatsApp icon and open the app information. Now go to Manage notifications and turn on Allow notifications.
Manage Whatsapp notification channels (Android)
With Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has announced notification channels for Android. WhatsApp has implemented the feature, which allows you to close the different types of notifications for WhatsApp and allows you to customize the tone and vibration pattern for it.
Long touch the WhatsApp icon and go to the app information. Open Manage Notifications> More. There you will see notification channels for chat history backup, critical call app alerts, and more. Make sure all the options are turned on to allow it to send the WhatsApp notification on your Android phone.
Enable background app updates
For smooth delivery of notifications, you should allow WhatsApp to work properly in the background.
- For iPhone users, you can go to Settings> WhatsApp> and turn on the Refresh app in background option.
- Android users can long tap on the WhatsApp app icon to open the app information. Go to Mobile data and Wi-Fi and turn on the Background data option.
Activate mobile data for Whatsapp (iPhone)
iOS allows you to restrict mobile data usage for certain apps from the settings menu. If the option is enabled for the WhatsApp app, you may not be able to receive notifications on the iPhone. Open the Settings app on the iPhone and scroll down to WhatsApp and enable mobile data for the app.
Turn off do not disturb
If you have accidentally activated DND on iPhone or Android, you may not receive any notification on WhatsApp.
- To disable DND on iPhone, swipe down from the top right corner and open Control Center. Disable DND from Settings.
- On Android, open the notification panel and access the notification feature to disable DND.
Turn off Battery Saver mode on iPhone and Android
Battery Saver mode on iPhone and Android is designed to save battery life, but can sometimes hinder other features. Limit the functions of some background apps. When using low power mode, you may encounter problems with WhatsApp notifications not working on iPhone and Android.
- To turn off Battery Saver mode, open the iPhone Settings app> Battery and turn off Power Saver Mode.
- On Android, open Settings> Battery and turn off battery saver mode.
Unmute Whatsapp audio
You may have disabled some annoying users and groups on WhatsApp. In such cases, you will not receive any message notification from them. These users or groups must be unmuted to start receiving notifications again. The trick is the same on iPhone and Android. Open the WhatsApp app> Open any chat> tap the profile icon at the top> Unmute sound from the following menu.
In some moments, silence from WhatsApp notifications can be peace. However, if they turn into hours, check out our solutions and try them out to fix the problem. You don't want to miss important messages from your family, friends and other groups. Let us know what advice helped you solve and if you found a new method to solve the problem with notifications on Whatsapp.
- Whatsapp notifications arrive late [Solved]
- WhatsApp notifications don't work, 8 solutions
- What to do if WhatsApp does not show notifications on Android
- The notifications are not arriving on our phone
- Notifications don't work on Xiaomi phones with MIUI