GIFs are a great way to convey your emotions online. You can post them in your journal to share your thoughts on a topic, send them to one of your friends to share a laugh, or use them to comment on someone's post.
The only problem with GIFs is that not all social networks support this format and allow you to use GIFs easily on their site. In this article, you will learn how to post a GIF on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter and never have to Google it again.
How to post a GIF on Instagram
Unlike Facebook, Instagram does not make it easy to post GIFs. The network does not support the GIF format and when you try to upload it to Instagram, it appears as a still image.
Still, it's not impossible. You can upload a GIF as an Instagram story, as well as a regular post in your feed. You can do all this using the app called GIPHY. First, download and install it on your smartphone. To upload a GIF to Instagram using GIPHY, follow the steps below.
- Open GIPHY. Sign in to your account or create a new one.
- Giphy has its own GIF gallery that you can use to find a GIF you want to post. To create a custom GIF and post it to Instagram, select Create.
- Select a GIF you've previously created from your device's gallery or choose a video you want to turn into a GIF.
- On the Upload your GIF page, select Share GIF.
- Select the instagram icon to post your GIF to Instagram. Select to share it on your Feed or Stories.
Then, GIPHY will redirect you to Instagram, where you can upload your GIF. You can use the same method to upload the GIFs you create on GIPHY to Facebook or Snapchat.
How to post a GIF on Reddit
Reddit is the place where the use of GIFs is most appropriate and expected. While you can't use a GIF as a comment, you can upload it to your profile page and post it to a community page. To post a GIF on Reddit, follow the steps below.
- Open Reddit and log in to your account.
- Select Create a post.
- In Choose a community select the community page where you want to post your GIF.
- Select Images and videos. Drag and drop your GIF or select Upload To Open.
- Go back to the Post card, insert title and Text (Optional).
- When you are satisfied with the content of your publication, select Publish.
The GIF will appear on the community page as a normal post on Reddit.
How to post a GIF on Twitter
If you want to tweet like a pro, you should be able to use any type of media to back up your tweets and comments. This includes GIFs. The good news is that using GIFs on Twitter is pretty easy. Like Facebook, Twitter has its own GIF gallery from which you can choose GIFs. To post a GIF on Twitter, follow the steps below.
- Open Twitter and log in to your account.
- In What's happening select GIF to choose a GIF from the Twitter gallery. You can search for GIFs based on popular search results or use the search bar to find the GIF you want to post.
- If you want to post a custom GIF you have created, select Media.
- Find your GIF and select Open.
The GIF will appear as an attachment to your post. Select Tweet to upload it to Twitter.
If you want to use a GIF to reply to someone's Tweet, follow the steps below.
- Open Twitter and find the Tweet you want to reply to.
- Select reply below the tweet.
- Select GIF to choose a GIF from the Twitter gallery or select Media to upload your own.
- Select reply to post your comment.
The GIF will appear as a reply to the selected Tweet.
How to post a GIF anywhere
GIFs are great when you want to express yourself quickly without having to write long posts or replies. If you're looking to post a GIF to a site or platform that doesn't support the format and the methods we've mentioned don't work, you can convert the GIF back into a video and upload it online.
How often do you use GIFs online, and have we covered all the sites that make GIF posting more difficult than it should be? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
To read more:
- How to insert GIFs into Google Slideshows.
- How to delete a retweet from Twitter
- How to insert a GIF into a PowerPoint presentation
- How to share Instagram photos on Facebook
- How to bulk delete all posts from Facebook
Most Interesting Articles
- how to steal neighbor s wifi password fast
- where can i download garena free fire photos images and wallpapers
- what command can i gain or remove experience in minecraft with
- how can you play roblox without downloading very easy
- yakuza 0 guide to fighting styles
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 45 acp
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 9x18mm
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 366
- blasphemous donation guide