Nier Automata will receive a patch upgrade on Steam that will add several elements to the title, and the launch date has also been revealed.
Four years after its launch, NieR: Automata receives its first patch on Steam. However, this is not a simple update, in fact this "patch upgrade" will add different content to the title of Platinum Games and Square Enix.
The upgrade will be officially available from Friday 15 July, and will introduce the following additions:
- Borderless screen mode;
- Fidelity FX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening;
- HDR - It will detect if the system has enabled HDR in the Windows display settings, and if successful the game will start directly with the feature active;
- Antialiasing features improved;
- User Interface Textures (4K) - Approximately 270 icon textures, backgrounds and interface elements will support 4K resolution;
- Cutscene - Improved the bit rate and fixed the pre-rendered cutscenes, so that they can run at 60 frames per second and have the correct aspect ratio avoiding to squeeze the image;
- Global Illumination - The feature can be set in three different modes: High, Medium, Low;
- Ambient Occlusion / Bloom - Render targets have switched to dynamic resolution based on actual game resolution.
The frame rate is also stabilized at 60fps and overall stability of the title is improved. So Nier Automata changes its face after four years from its release and certainly this could push new players to try it. Now all that remains is to wait until July 15th to be able to test these improvements and to let you know how the title behaves.
► NieR: Automata is an Action-JRPG game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the game was released on 23/02/2017 The version for PC came out on 17/03/2017 The version for Xbox One came out on 26/06/2018
NieR: Automata is a beautiful game that cannot be missing from your collection: we have decided to evaluate it with a 89%, if you are interested in learning more you can read the NieR: Automata Review