You are probably aware that Facebook polls are easy to post and highly engaging. Instagram introduced its poll feature in October 2017 and it was an instant hit. Twitter polls are also extremely popular and cover both funny and serious topics. Why are polls so popular on social media?
People like to answer questions and make quick decisions. They like to express their opinions, especially when there is a quick and easy way to do it. Taking a poll is a fun way to connect with your followers. It can also help you attract new ones. Some polls initiate conversations, while others simply give people a fun question to think about.
If you primarily use Snapchat for your social media, however, you'll be baffled to learn that the app doesn't currently have the option to let you create polls for your friends and followers. You can fill out surveys posted on Snapchat Discover.
But if you want to run a survey of your own, you need to use a third-party system. Polly was the most popular app for taking surveys on Snapchat, mainly due to its simplicity and ease of use. You can fill out Polly surveys in Snapchat's internal browser, making it a quick and easy alternative installed on your phone.
Unfortunately, this app went up in smoke a few months ago and hasn't returned yet. So, if you want to connect with your followers by taking a survey, you need to look for a different solution.
There are many apps and websites that do surveys to choose from. The following tutorial focuses on PollsGo, but the same basic steps apply to poll writers.
PollsGo is an intuitive way to take polls. Here's how to take a survey using the site on your mobile device.
Open pollsgo.com on your computer or smartphone. Polls Polls can contain multiple questions. But this isn't true for all survey apps and websites. In some cases, only individual questions can be answered. Do you want survey participants to see the results immediately? Or would you rather be the only person who has access to such data?
Both approaches can be interesting. If your followers see your results after voting, you'll get an instant discussion topic. On the other hand, it can be fun to define a limited voting period and share the results with your followers after that. Check the box if you want survey respondents to see how the survey is doing.
Now is the time to put your survey together. While it's fun to stick to one theme with all of your questions, you can also create an engaging survey if you combine personal and general questions. Some survey apps and websites help you by giving you ideas for questions to ask.
This is a big part of why Polly was so popular. That app offered a wide variety of interesting and appropriate survey questions for you to choose from. With PollsGo, there are three types of questions you can create:
- Personal Question: Here you can choose from eight personal questions. Some of the questions invite honesty: for example, you can ask "Who am I to you?" Or "One thing I have to work on." On the other hand, some questions are lighter, like asking your followers to determine which movie genre suits you best.
- Group Questions: Group questions relate to the dynamics of your group. Here, survey participants can express anonymous opinions about other group members. For example, one of the questions is "Who would survive the longest in a zombie apocalypse?" This option is more interesting if you have a closed group of Snapchat followers. Again, you can edit any question after selecting it.
- Your question: This is probably the option you'll use most often. After all, PollsGo's questions would get boring if you didn't include unique questions as well. Ask for something that is close to your followers' interests.
Once you've selected a question, it's time to give survey respondents options to choose from. If you have selected a personal question, you will be able to choose some stock answers.
But again, you can edit or delete any website suggestion. You cannot add more than six options. Also, there must be at least two options for each question, although it's okay if the options are identical.
Here you can also change the background color of your questions. Unfortunately it is not possible to add images to your polls in PollsGo.
Now PollsGo will create the poll to share with your Snapchat followers. There will be a URL that you can copy. There are also buttons that allow you to share the survey on various social media, including Snapchat, but all it does is copy the link to your clipboard anyway.
From here, open Snapchat on your device and start creating a snap. To paste the link you will need to use the paperclip icon to the right of the app. With your shared link, you can decorate and customize your Snap however you like. We recommend that you tell people to swipe up to vote in your poll.
Once you've sent your Snap to users and posted it to your Story, your Snapchat community will be able to use PollsGo to vote directly on their phone, and you can use the link within the poll to check the results.
- How to Cameo on Snapchat
- How to slow down a video on Snapchat
- How to see Snapchat stories without them knowing
- How to create a poll on Facebook
- How to take an Instagram poll in Stories