With these simple tips, you too can solve the problem of YouTube not working. YouTube is the world's largest video sharing platform with a huge audience and support for a variety of devices. However, despite its immense popularity, users sometimes face a number of problems.
From black screen to constant buffering and playback error, there are many problems faced by YouTube. However, if YouTube is not working on your device, you don't need to worry. In this article, we present 15 different methods to fix when you don't watch videos on YouTube. With that said, let's get started.
What to do when YouTube doesn't work?
In this section, we have mentioned 15 ways to tackle a multitude of YouTube problems. The steps are quite simple, you can even try them yourself. In addition to this, we have also explained many steps to give you a better idea of the problems and their solutions. Now, without further ado, let's see why YouTube is not loading videos.
1. Check if YouTube is working
Before trying other solutions, check if YouTube works in your country. Recently, YouTube and many other online platforms have beenfacing global outages due to network congestion. So, if YouTube suddenly doesn't work, it probably won't work for everyone. You can find YouTube's live status from here and here.
2. Clear cache, cookies and data
When YouTube does not work, sometimes expired cookies or blocked application data do not allow YouTube to work properly. In these cases, you need to clear your cache data and cookies. Here's how to do it.
1. On the desktop, paste chrome: // settings / clearBrowserData in the Chrome URL bar and presssend. Next, select cache and cookies, then change the time frame to "All time". Finally, click the "Clear data" button.
2. On Android, tap and hold the YouTube app and open "App Info". Here, go to Archive and thenclear both data and cache.
3.On iOS, you can't clear the cache manually, but you can delete the app and reinstall it to start again without any problem.
3. You do not see the videos on YouTube, check the extensions.
If YouTube is not working on your computer, there is a high probability that some Chrome extensions are blocking access to it. To find out if the extensions are the main culprit, follow these steps.
Open Chrome andpress the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + N"(Cmd + Shift + N for Mac) at the same time and an incognito window will open. Now open YouTube and see if it works. If it does, then some dubious extensions are definitely creating problems.
2. To remove these extensions, pasteextensions // /: chrome in the URL bar and press enter. Here, check all extensions and uninstall the ones you don't know about.Also, try to disable as many extensions as possible to determine the culprit extension.
4. Update Chrome and the YouTube application
You may be using an older version of Chrome or the YouTube app that is not fully compatible with the latest version. In these cases, updating the app resolves most issues.
1. On the desktop, open Chrome and pasteChrome: // settings / help in the address bar. Here, search for the latest update and install it immediately.
2.On Android and iOS, open the respective app store and update the YouTube app. Hopefully, it should fix the issue you are facing.
5. Check your site settings
2. Similarly, pastechrome: // settings / settings / content / content / sound in the address bar and enable the switch for audio settings. It will allow YouTube to play sound.
6. Check proxy settings
Sometimes, even after removing extensions, some changes remain in effect unless manually undone. Proxy settings are those where extensions change and that results in inaccessible websites. Here's how to reset proxy settings on the desktop.
1. Pastechrome://settings/system into the address bar and press enter. Here, click "Disable" in the proxy settings section. Now open YouTube and check if it works.
7. YouTube is not working properly? Update your video card drivers.
If you are facing a black or green screen while playing YouTube videos, most likely your outdated video card driver is causing the problem. Here's how to fix it.
1. On a Windows PC, press the "Windows" and "R" keys at the same time and a small Run window will open. Here, typedevmgmt.msc and presssend.
2. A Device Manager window will appear. Now,double click on "Video Cards" and it will expand. Here, right click on each submenu and click on "Update Driver".
3. Finally,click "Automatically search..." and it will start searching for the latest graphics driver on the Internet. So keep your PC connected to the Internet. After that, restart your computer and this time YouTube should run smoothly.
8. Hardware Acceleration Check
Hardware acceleration is a great feature to play YouTube with the best quality. However,if your computer is old, disabling it will be a better option. It allows you to play YouTube with decent performance without stuttering or speeding up.
However, if you have a powerful computer, enable hardware acceleration. Openchrome://settings/system in Chrome and you will find dedicated settings.
9. Update date, time and region
Many times, due to incorrect time zone, date or region settings on the device, YouTube doesn't work and keeps showing the loading sign. So, the solution is simple, just sync the time to the correct values and YouTube will work again.Open the Settings page on your device and find the time menu.... Now make changes and reboot your device and hopefully YouTube will work smoothly this time.
10. Uninstall unknown apps.
In addition to Chrome extensions, it is possible to have unauthorized apps installed on your PC that can create problems for YouTube to work properly. The best way to deal with this problem is to remove unknown applications.
1. On a Windows PC, open the Run window by pressing Windows and R at the same time. Here,type "appwiz.cpl" and press enter.
2. Then, find the applications that you do not use frequently and uninstall them immediately.
3. You can also find malicious apps via Chrome.Paste chrome: // settings/cleanup in the address bar and click the "Search" button. You can uninstall the apps later.
11. Reset DNS
Domain name servers are sort of like telephone directories for the Internet that maintain a directory of domain names and their IP addresses. Sometimes, DNS is changed on PCs, which makes a website inoperable.Any system-wide change can make the website inaccessible, including YouTube. So, to reset DNS on a Windows PC, just follow these steps.
4. Open the Run window again and digital "cmd" and press enter.
5. Who,type ipconfig / flushdns and press enter. The DNS will be reset to default settings.
On your macOS, go toApplications → Utilities → Terminal and paste the following command and press enter. It will ask for your Mac login password, enter it and the DNS cache will be successfully cleared.
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
12. Reset your network settings
If YouTube doesn't work on your Android or iOS device,you can try enabling airplane mode. After a while, turn off airplane mode and check if YouTube works. Otherwise, you can completely reset your network settings.
1.On Android, open the Settings page and go to System -> Reset Options -> Reset WiFi, Cellular and Bluetooth. Finally, tap the "Reset settings" button.
On iOS, go to Settings -> General -> Reset and tap "Reset network settings" at the bottom. Now restart your smartphone and check if YouTube is working or not.
13. Update the operating system
It may seem unlikely, but operating system updates can fix most problems on devices.Device manufacturers regularly send out cumulative updates aimed at cracking down on various types of bugs. In addition, your device is updated in the process with a new installation and security patch. So, if you have a pending update on your smartphone or PC, go ahead and update it right away. It might fix the YouTube issues you are having on your device.
- How to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 for free in 2020 as well.
- How to update Android manually
14. Use a VPN
If YouTube doesn't work at your school or university, chances are that the authorities have restricted the website. In these cases,a VPN can help you access YouTube by channeling the network to another country.Also, if you live in a country where YouTube is blocked, the VPN can help you bypass the geo-restriction.
15. Contact your Internet service provider.
If none of the methods worked, the problem may be your ISP. ISPs are responsible for providing Internet access, but they can also block access to certain websites. So, to fix the YouTube problem, you shouldcontact your ISP and ask them to lift the restriction.
To read more:
- The 8 best solutions for when YouTube doesn't work on Android.
- How to stream your Google Stadia game to YouTube.
- How to connect YouTube to Waze
- How to disable HD on YouTube
- How to delete your YouTube videos
Most Interesting Articles
- how to steal neighbor s wifi password fast
- where can i download garena free fire photos images and wallpapers
- what command can i gain or remove experience in minecraft with
- how can you play roblox without downloading very easy
- yakuza 0 guide to fighting styles
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 45 acp
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 9x18mm
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 366
- blasphemous donation guide