Instagram is today a means to get us out of the house, without physically leaving us. The official app is fairly stable, but not entirely foolproof. There are times when the Instagram app crashes or some features refuse to work as expected. These problems are not normal but they do occur. So, if Instagram isn't working on your iPhone, read this guide to find out why it's happening and how to fix.
To get started, you may want to read this generic guide on why Instagram doesn't work on your device. Before proceeding, you can pay a visit to the section dedicated to Instagram resources to find solutions to specific problems affecting Stories, Instagram Live, IGTV and more. This section also contains many useful tips and tricks to elevate and enhance your Instagram experience. So now let's see why Instagram doesn't work on your iPhone.
1. Check your Internet connection
If Instagram doesn't upload pictures, videos, or direct messages, make sure your iPhone's internet connection is on. Try using other social media apps and check if they work properly. If these (internet dependent) apps don't work either, then proceed to troubleshoot your iPhone connection. Otherwise, move on to method n. 2.
For cellular data, turn it off and on again after a few seconds. Do the same with the Wi-Fi connection. You should also make sure that your internet router is turned on and working properly. Restart the router and check with your service provider that there are no network problems or anomalies. Read this article if you want to know how to troubleshoot home WiFi.
Alternatively, enable Airplane Mode and disable it after 30 seconds. This will update your iPhone's internet connection and eliminate any glitches that slow down your device's internet connection or prevent it from transmitting data.
Another reason your iPhone's data connection isn't working could be because you have run out of your data plan. Therefore, we recommend that you check the validity period, data volume and expiration date of your Internet plan.
2. Check and change permissions
To use and enjoy some features on Instagram, you need to grant the app access to your gallery, files and device hardware (camera, microphone, etc.). Suppose you are unable to create Instagram Stories or are having difficulty going live on the platform, check that Instagram has the necessary permissions for this to happen.
Basically, for Instagram to work properly on your iPhone, it requires access to your pictures, microphone, camera, mobile data, and more.
- Scroll to the bottom of your iPhone's Settings menu and select Instagram. This will launch Instagram's permissions and settings page.
- Click Photos and select All Photos.
- Go back to the permissions page and make sure Camera and Microphone are turned on.
- Also, make sure that mobile data is also enabled. You can turn them off and on again. This can help fix other internet related issues that are preventing Instagram from working properly on your iPhone.
- Finally, check that the Notifications option is also enabled. This way, you can get timely alerts for new posts, messages, or account activity. On the Instagram settings page, tap Notifications.
- Enable the Allow notifications option.
3. Update Instagram
The problem you are having using Instagram could be caused by bugs. Updated versions of Instagram come with bug fixes that address several performance issues.
- Launch the App Store and tap the profile icon in the top right corner of the app.
- Scroll through the list of apps, locate Instagram and tap the Update button.
Move on to the next solution if Instagram still doesn't work after updating it to the latest version.
4. Restart iPhone
Sometimes, restarting your iPhone is the ultimate solution to fix apps not working as they should. Turn off your iPhone, turn it back on, start Instagram and check if it works.
5. Are Instagram servers working?
Instagram's servers have a history of occasional malfunctions, thereby making the platform or some of its features unusable on mobile devices and PCs. If the problem affects a lot of people (that is, other people in your country are also unable to use Instagram), there is a high probability that Instagram's servers are down. Click the link below to check Instagram status.
- Check Instagram status (on DownDetector)
If the fault lies with Instagram's servers not working, you will have to wait until the company fixes the problem.
6. Reinstall Instagram
This is another reliable solution that you should try if Instagram still doesn't work on your iPhone after trying all the troubleshooting methods above. This means that you will have to delete the Instagram app from your iPhone and install it again from the App Store.
Note that you may need to re-enter your account credentials when you reinstall it. If you are worried or afraid that deleting the app will negatively affect your account, you shouldn't delete the app.
That said, deleting the Instagram app has almost no effect on your account status, images, or messages.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Locate and select Instagram from the application list.
- Tap Delete app and select Delete app in the confirmation prompt.
Alternatively, tap and hold the Instagram app icon on your iPhone's home page or app library. Select Remove app from the context menu and select Delete app in the confirmation prompt.
Reinstall Instagram from the App Store or click the link below.
- Install Instagram (from the App Store)
Instagram still not working?
As you use Instagram, the app creates cache files that allow it to run the app faster next time. When your iPhone runs out of storage (Read: How to Free Up iPhone Space) or RAM, Instagram may not work properly.
Make sure your iPhone has enough space (go to Settings> General> iPhone Storage) to hold app data and files.
Instagram also has specific operating system requirements, iOS 11.0 or later, for iPhones. Therefore, make sure your iPhone's operating system is up to date. Read: Update iPhone, complete guide
Closing other apps running at the same time in the background could also help free up some RAM for Instagram. Read: How to close and restart iPhone and iPad apps. Let us know (in the comments below) which of the solutions worked for you.
- IPhone camera not working, how to fix
- Instagram jerks on iPhone and Android
- How to get Instagram dark mode
- Instagram doesn't work today, 8 solutions
- 13 solutions for when Instagram notifications don't work on Android and iPhone
Most Interesting Articles
- how to steal neighbor s wifi password fast
- where can i download garena free fire photos images and wallpapers
- what command can i gain or remove experience in minecraft with
- how can you play roblox without downloading very easy
- yakuza 0 guide to fighting styles
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 45 acp
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 9x18mm
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 366
- blasphemous donation guide