I tell you right away that to delete WhatsApp contact, you need to delete the number from your phone's contact list. WhatsApp does not have a username system, WhatsApp contacts are linked to the numbers stored on the phone in the address book.
As we know, when you add a contact on your phone, it automatically appears in the WhatsApp contact lists as well. Suppose you have saved the courier number on your phone. If the delivery man has saved your number, he will be able to see your profile picture, last seen, etc. Got it now?
So what do you do? How do you hide your profile picture, last time you logged in, etc. All your profile data? Your only bet is to delete WhatsApp contact. Before moving on to the process of deleting Whatsapp contacts, it is essential to know the side effects.
What happens when you delete a Whatsapp contact?
As you delete the contact from your address book, you will lose the ability to make calls or send messages to this contact. That is, you will have to write the number in the dialer to contact him. Once you've decided to delete the contact from your address book, here's how to proceed on Android and iPhone.
1. How to delete a contact from Whatsapp on Android
- Start WhatsApp and open the chat thread of the contact you want to delete.
- Tap the contact's name at the top.
- You will be taken to the person's profile screen. Tap the three-dot icon at the top and select View in address book from the menu.
- The contact's profile details will open. Press the three-dot icon at the top and select Delete from the menu.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the deletion.
- Tap Delete.
2, How to delete Whatsapp contact on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp and go to the contact you want to remove. Then on the chat screen, tap on the contact's name at the top.
- On the Contact Information screen, tap Edit.
- You will be redirected to the Edit Contact screen.
- Tap Delete Contact.
- Then restart your phone.
Alternatively, open the address book or contacts app on your Android or iPhone, find the contact and delete it. The contact will be removed from your WhatsApp.
What to do if the contact still appears on the phone?
If you have followed the above steps correctly, but the contacts are still showing up on WhatsApp, there are three ways to fix the problem.
1. Update WhatsApp contacts on Android
WhatsApp takes some time to automatically update the contact list. You can do this manually on Android. For this, open WhatsApp and tap the mobile compose or new chat button. Then, tap on the three-dot icon and select Update from the menu. After doing that, look for the deleted contact. Hopefully, it will no longer appear on WhatsApp.
2. Delete Whatsapp chat
Deleting contacts will not remove their old chat thread from WhatsApp. So if you still see the chat, you will have to manually delete it.
to. To do it on Android, touch and hold the chat thread in the chat list. Then tap the Delete icon at the top.
b. To do it on the iPhone, swipe left on the chat thread and tap More. Then hit Delete Chat.
3. Restart your phone
Finally, if the above two methods didn't work, restart your phone.
Read also: Backup WhatsApp, how to do it
- How to make WhatsApp calls using the Google Assistant
- How to hide the WhatsApp profile photo from a contact without blocking it
- How to add contact to WhatsApp using the Chat tab or a QR code
- How to hide photos and videos on Whatsapp
- Block Whatsapp contact, I tell you everything