One of the most interesting things about Elden Ring is undoubtedly the exploration. But no explorer would ever go on a journey without a detailed map of where he is going, let alone tackle a Fromsoftware game without knowing where you are going to put your clogs. One of the things you should definitely do in Elden Ring is then find the stele in the area you are facing and unlock the corresponding Map Shard. The stems are usually found on the main road but reaching them is not easy which is why in this guide we will see where to find them all for complete the Elden Ring map.
Also check out our complete guide to Elden Ring to find out all about Fromsoftware.
Elden Ring: where to find all the Map Shards
To collect a fragment of the map, just approach a stele and interact with the object immediately on the ground. If you have not unlocked the map of an area, the stele will be depicted as a small plaque placed on the main path. Most of the map can be unlocked immediately by simply reaching the locations marked in the image with Torrente (Sepolcride, Peninsula of Wailing, Caelid, Liurnia). The rest of the map instead requires you to take down some bosses and can only be unlocked in the later stages.
- 1 - Western sepulchrid
- 2- Eastern sepulchrid
- 3 - Peninsula of tears
- 4 – Caelid Nord
- 5 – Caelid Sud
- 6 - Oriental liurnia
- 7 – Northern Liurnia
- 8 – Liurnia occidentale
- 9 - Altus plateau
- 10 - Leyndell, Royal Capital
- 11 – Monte Gelmir
- 12 - Summits of the eastern giants
- 13 - Peaks of the Western Giants
- 14 - Siofra River - To go down to the small area of the Siofra River you will need to use the elevator in Boscotetro. The map fragment is found on a corpse in front of the large temple on the right with the remains of the deer inside.
- 15 - Consecrated Snowfield
- 16 - Ainsel River - To descend into the Ainsel River, use the elevator in East Liurnia north of the Cariana Study Room. The map fragment is located in the temple to the south after the Uhl ruins to the south.
Fragments of a map without a number in the map
The following fragments can be found in the secret areas of Elden Ring, accessible via character quests.
- Rotten Lake: Find the fragment on a corpse on the beach as soon as you reach the lake.
- Abyss in the Roots: Find the fragment on a corpse in a small stone gazebo in the center of the area.