You know you can clean up WhatsApp quickly and easily. Do I have to show you how? Well, you just have to keep reading the tutorial. WhatsApp groups can go crazy with memes and videos. All these media take up precious space in the internal memory of your iPhone or Android phone, so here we explain how to free up space on WhatsApp, quickly and easily. Sometimes it is important to carry out a Whatsapp cleaning.
How to clean WhatsApp
Here we explain how this is possible reduce WhatsApp storage space without deleting the application. WhatsApp has an internal memory management tool for Android, iPhone, etc. With this tool, you can quickly see which conversation is going on taking up more space than archive, then select and delete the different media types individually. For example, you can only delete videos from a group chat.
How to free up space on WhatsApp for Android
The memory management tool is available in the settings section.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android smartphone and tap the three-dot menu button.
- Tap the Menu button on the toolbar
- Here, tap the "Settings".
- Now select where it says Data usage and archiving.
- Here, you will see the section Storage use. It will tell you how much storage space WhatsApp uses on your Android smartphone.
Once you tap the “Storage usage” section, a list of all WhatsApp conversations will be displayed, sorted by the amount of storage space they occupy.
Select a chat or conversation at the top of the list. Here you will see how many text messages, images, videos and GIFs are associated with the conversation.
Now select the "Free up space" option in the lower right corner of the window, in this window what you will do is select the chat you want to remove and then tap the button Delete items. From the popup, tap the option Delete messages.
The messages and media will be removed from WhatsApp storage and the storage space will be recovered. This way you can free up space on WhatsApp.
How to free up space on WhatsApp for iPhone
The process of freeing up space on WhatsApp for iPhone is slightly different.
- On iPhone, open the WhatsApp application and go to the "Settings".
- Select the option "Use data and storage"
- Now scroll down and hit the option Memory usage.
- Tap the "Memory Usage" option.
Now you will see a list of all WhatsApp conversations, sorted from highest to lowest based on the space occupied by each conversation.
Tap a conversation to view details on storage usage. At the bottom of the screen, tap the "Manage" button.
- Tap the "Manage".
- Now select the types of media you want to remove.
- Touch the media type to select it
- From there, tap the "Clear".
- Click the button Delete.
- Tap the button again Delete on the popup to confirm.
- Press the Delete button again to confirm
Now, the relevant data will be removed from the WhatsApp storage space and it will be possible recover space on the internal memory.
You can go to Settings> General> iPhone Storage to check the available storage on your iPhone.
How to on Windows Phone (individual chats)
To perform the process on phones or devices with the Windows Phone operating system, you need to perform the following procedure:
- Go to the selected person / group> More> Clear chat history> All / More than 30 days / More than six months.
Not a perfect solution, but if you need to free up space, could be the solution you need.
If you use WhatsApp as your primary messaging service, you should know that you can disable the autosave feature for incoming media.
After removing unnecessary conversations, we recommend that you disable the auto save and auto download functions in the settings.
This will save you from having to delete WhatsApp conversations repeatedly. Click here if you want to become a WhatsApp beta tester on Android and iOS or if you want to put a profile picture on WhatsApp without clipping.
- How to free up space on WhatsApp
- How to remove WhatsApp photos from Google Photos
- Because sometimes Whatsapp doesn't send photos
- How to enable WhatsApp two-factor authentication for Android
- How to restore WhatsApp backup on Android