When you need to send a message to several people or want to create a newsletter, you can use the for option create Telegram channels. Unlike WhatsApp which has private broadcast lists for email marketing, Telegram provides private channels and public channels, based on which everyone can communicate with multiple contacts for different purposes.
The peculiarity that makes them interesting is that only the creator of the channel can send messages. Therefore, the other participants can only read and stay updated on the communications and contents offered.
How to create Telegram channels
The option to create Telegram channels allows you to activate a broadcast list with the same options as a single chat. In fact, you can send text messages, links, photos, images, videos, files, documents, voice and audio notes.
The only difference in terms of messaging is that the broadcast list does not provide for the possibility of debate, why participants cannot reply. Also, you should know that private broadcasting can be used for send secret messages to multiple people, as only people invited via links will be able to access the list.
They are called secret channels and they are as safe as secret chats. However, the latter always remain better, since they are not stored on the server, they use the end-to-end encryption, they have a self-destruct timer and do not allow forwarding. Explained the operation, let's see the steps to follow.
Difference between public and private Telegram channel
There are two types of broadcast channels, public e private. The public channel has a unique custom link similar to a Facebook Page and can appear in Telegram's Global Search results, allowing anyone to see and access it.
The private channel, on the other hand, aims to create a broadcast list similar to a newsletter, because it is accessible only through an invitation link and allows you to revoke the added members at any time.
Both channels can have an unlimited number of subscribers and each published post has its own view counter. In addition, new members can also see all broadcast history. An example can be found by reaching the Official Telegram Channel, while more information on broadcasting can be found here.
How to create a public Telegram channel
- To open Telegram and open the pop-up menu su Android (top left) or the menu New message su iOS (top right)
- Choose the option New channel
- Enter the channel name which will be visible to all (required)
- Write the description the channel to let others know what it is (optional)
- Set one photo channel and press ✓ o NEXT
- Choose the type of channel by choosing Public
- Insert the channel slug into the section Link. This will become the channel link from which it can be accessed via the web.
- Add members choosing the contacts from the address book and then pressing the symbol ✓ o NEXT
How to create a private Telegram channel
- To open Telegram and follow the path Menu> New channel on Android or New Message> New Channel on iOS
- Write the channel name, enter a Description, set one photo channel and press ✓ o NEXT
- Select the option Private channel
- Under the option Invitation link, tap on the link generated by the system to copy it to the clipboard
- Add members selecting the contacts in the address book and pressing the check mark ✓ o NEXT
- Send the invitation link to other people who might be interested to add them
- if you delete a message, the system will automatically delete it for everyone
The option to create Telegram channels available on iPhone and Android offers a much more secure broadcasting service than WhatsApp broadcast lists, no doubt. Data and multimedia files are stored only on the application server to avoid leaving traces of information on the device and not to occupy the phone memory. This prevents anyone from spying on the contents from the archives or gallery.