In this article we will talk about WhatsApp Web: how to use WhatsApp Web on PC, tablet and phone and how to use it to the fullest. It started almost four years ago and since then it has become the preferred way for millions of users to chat with their friends and loved ones via PC. WhatsApp Web is undoubtedly one of the best inventions to come out of the WhatsApp offices, and while it's not a complete solution like Telegram or other messaging competitors, the tool offers everything - or almost everything - you need. for those times when we prefer to use WhatsApp through the browser instead of our smartphone.
Despite being a simple and easy-to-use utility, WhatsApp Web hides many more secrets and curiosities than most users of the platform can imagine. In this guide we will give you the most useful options, as well as numerous tips and tricks with which to get the most out of the web version of the messaging platform. Then we will see how to use WhatsApp Web on PC, tablet and phone. But first, what really is WhatsApp Web?
Its name leaves no room for doubt: WhatsApp Web is none other than the web version of WhatsApp. Initially, the functions of the tool were limited and, among other things, it was not possible to send or receive documents and until several months after its creation, only some browsers were supported. Fortunately, over time new functions have arrived that have turned WhatsApp Web into a much more complete tool.
As for its operation, it should be noted that WhatsApp Web requires a cell phone paired and connected to the Internet at any time, otherwise the application will not work . Although there are cross-platform alternatives such as Telegram that offer the possibility of continuing chats on computers or other devices such as tablets, without the need to keep the phone associated with the user's account connected. In addition, due to the system used by WhatsApp Web, on more than one occasion we have had to report problems or security breaches discovered that would have allowed attackers to spy on users' conversations.
WhatsApp Web: how to use WhatsApp Web on PC, tablet and phone
1. How to use WhatsApp Web on your computer
One of the great strengths of WhatsApp Web over other desktop messaging platforms is its own. ease of use. Any user, new or advanced, can use WhatsApp Web without too much hassle. To do this, you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- On your computer, open the web version of WhatsApp.
- On your mobile device, open the WhatsApp application and click on the three dots button on the top right.
- In the options menu, click on "WhatsApp Web".
- If necessary, authorize WhatsApp to access the camera.
- Scan the QR code displayed in the web version of WhatsApp with your mobile camera.
Once the connection is established, all conversations will appear in the web version of WhatsApp and it will be possible to continue any chat through your computer monitor without using your smartphone. WhatsApp Web works with any current browser, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge or others.
Is it possible to use WhatsApp Web without a mobile device or QR code?
As mentioned above, and since WhatsApp notifies you immediately after connecting, the smartphone must always remain connected to the Internetotherwisethere may be problems such as messages not arriving or temporary disconnections. Therefore, we cannot turn off the phone, remove the SIM card or disable Wi-Fi or data. So, at least today, There is no way to use WhatsApp Web without having a mobile connected. And there is no other method than the QR code.
2. How to use WhatsApp Web on an Android tablet or iPad.
Although the tool was designed to use WhatsApp through the browser on a computer, WhatsApp Web does not impose any restrictions when using the application on mobile devices. So, as we will explain below, you can use WhatsApp on an Android tablet via WhatsApp Web. Follow these steps:
- On your tablet, open your browser and, from the options menu, activate the "desktop mode".
- Log in to the WhatsApp Web page.
- Scan the QR code with your cell phone.
- Once scanned, all conversations will appear on the tablet screen.
3. How to use WhatsApp Web on an Android phone or iPhone
And if you were wondering: yes, you can also use WhatsApp Web on an Android or iOS mobile device. Thus, you can use your WhatsApp account on two mobile devices at the same time, one with the messaging platform app and the other with its web version. To do this, the process is very similar to the previous one:
- On your mobile device, open your browser and, from the options menu, activate the "desktop mode".
- Log in to the WhatsApp website.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device.
- Once scanned, all conversations will appear on the screen of the second mobile and you will be able to continue using the app on the first one.
How does Whatsapp Web work on Android?
WhatsApp for PC is just as the title of the app says: a web portal that lets you replicate the WhatsApp experience on your phone in a desktop browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or whatever you want.
To keep WhatsApp secure and private, WhatsApp on PC is not a separate instance of WhatsApp that lives independently of your phone.
Instead, it relies on connecting your phone to WhatsApp to generate an initial instance and then taking a picture of a unique QR code for authentication brings that exact experience to the web.
Once you have disconnected WhatsApp on your phone, the connection on the web is interrupted.
How to use Whatsapp Web on your phone, conclusion
WhatsApp Web allows you to share documents, photos and videos, contacts and even use your phone's camera to take photos and share them.
You can also view your friends' stories, start new chats, change your profile picture and use the search function within chats.
Most of the features you use daily on WhatsApp on your phone are available here and that makes WhatsApp Web a particularly great utility.
If you are not interested in running WhatsApp on the web in a browser, you can download the Windows client and run it natively on your computer.
What to do if WhatsApp Web does not work
Among the most common problems with the web version of WhatsApp, there are connection problems, messages not arriving or other types of problems during the connection between the cell phone and the computer. Although these failures can be due to a multitude of causes, these are some of the most common and you can also find the solutions:
- Phone connection problems: if your mobile has network problems or is not connected to a stable enough network, WhatsApp Web may not work. Try connecting to another Wi-Fi network, if possible, or to the mobile data network.
- Computer connection issues: Similarly, if there are connectivity issues on your computer, WhatsApp Web will not work and you should probably troubleshoot the issue before trying to reconnect.
- Messages not received: unfortunately there is no specific cause related to messages not received through WhatsApp Web, and in this case the only recommendation offered to us from the official support page of the application, is to disconnect from WhatsApp Web and log in again.
WhatsApp vs. WhatsApp Web
|ADD FILTERS TO PHOTOS||yes||No|
|SEND PHOTOS WITH THE CAMERA||yes||yes|
|SHARE YOUR CONTACTS||yes||yes|
|SEND VOICE MESSAGES||yes||yes|
|SEARCH MESSAGES AND CONTACTS||yes||yes|
Above you have a table in which we compare one by one which WhatsApp features are not present in its browser version. As you can see, most of them are present, although some quite important aspects are missing and severely limits what could be a much more complete client.
However, there are the main chat features and you'll have WhatsApp's entire repertoire of emojis and its search engine so you can send animated GIFs to your contacts. You can also send voice messages in the in case you do not feel like writing.
The first differences start to appear when it comes to sharing items in chats. If you click on the paperclip icon, you will be shown only the basic options, such as sending photos, taking a picture with the webcam and sending, sharing a document or sharing one of your contacts. However, when sending photos, the option to add filters is missing.
WhatsApp Web: how to use WhatsApp Web on PC, tablet and phone and the best tips and tricks
We already know what WhatsApp Web is and how to use the messaging application with multiple users on the planet through a computer. Now it's time to get the most out of this utility, through several useful tips and tricks that not everyone knows.
1. Compress WhatsApp Web to the maximum with its keyboard shortcuts
Another benefit of using WhatsApp on the web is the ability to use a physical keyboard to type messages. This also allows you to get even more out of the platform thanks to a number of keyboard shortcuts supported by WhatsApp Web, which can come in handy in a variety of situations. Here is the full list:
- Control + N: create a new chat
- Ctrl + Maiusc +]: next chat
- Ctrl + Shift + [: previous chat
- Ctrl + E: Archive chat
- Ctrl + Maiusc + M: Disable chat
- Ctrl + Space: Delete the chat
- Ctrl + Maiusc + U: mark as unread
- Ctrl + Maiusc + N: create a new group
- Ctrl + P: open profile
2. Find emojis as fast as possible
To write emojis without having to search for them, WhatsApp Web offers suggestions by typing a word followed by a colon ":" . This way, several emojis related to the entered word will appear.