You can contact Instagram by phone or email or have access to the various resources available to help you if you have any questions regarding your account. Even if you contact them, you can't be sure you'll get an answer, because the problem you have, whatever it is, isn't considered a priority by Instagram. If you've forgotten your password, it's a good idea to reset it yourself.
Contact Instagram directly
Know that you have little chance of getting an answer. You can easily access Instagram resources to help you, but it is very difficult to get in touch with another human being. There is little chance that your message will be read, much less that you will receive a reply. Instagram has more than 700 million users, many of whom are texting every day. This is why Instagram's "customer service" is so ambiguous and impersonal.
Contact Instagram - Visit the Help Center
Go to this site and choose the theme most related to your problem. When there is a problem with the application or with your account, this site offers valuable help. You can also write some keywords that define the problem in the search bar at the top of the page.
There is currently no phone number for some countries, if you want to try this method, you will need to go through the Facebook help line at 01-833-663-6600 and press the 2 key when prompted. This will give you access to a list of customer service resources that you can interact with over the phone. You can't speak to an Instagram rep on the phone. If you have a problem with your account or password, it's best to go to the help site.
Send an email
Use your preferred service to send an email to [email protected] with your account name, a description of your problem and any other information that may be relevant. However, it is very unlikely that you will get a response. Write a short message and make sure it contains all the necessary information.
Try to contact Instagram on social networks
It may not work, but sometimes Instagram can respond to requests made on social networks. You can use Facebook and Twitter. For Twitter, go to the Instagram page and click Post a tweet (or tap the pen icon), enter your message and click Tweet. For Facebook, go to the Instagram page, select the Message button, enter your message and send it.
How to post photos on Instagram from your computer
Contact Instagram to troubleshoot
Block users who visit you and disturb you. If you are constantly being bothered by someone on Instagram, the easiest way to avoid this is to block them. You can also post this person's account name on the Instagram Help Center if this user is harassing or threatening you in any way.
Change your password frequently. To prevent your account from being compromised, you must change your password at least every six months. You can also reset it if you have forgotten it.
Consider making your account private. You can make your account private, which means people who don't follow you can't see what you're posting until you accept their request to follow you. Here's how to do it from the app:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the profile icon Image titled AndroidIGprofile.png.
- Tap the gear icon on your iPhone or Android.
- Select the Private account slider.
- Tap "Yes" when it appears.
Deactivate your account for a short time. If your account is controversial or exhibits unwanted behavior, you need to temporarily disable it. You can reactivate it at any time by registering again.
Contact Instagram reporting the problem with a computer
Open the Instagram Help Center. Click on Security and Privacy. You will find it on the left of the page. Click Report Account. This option is located near the bottom of the options column on the left. Choose a category. On the left side of the page, click on the most relevant option.
- Account Hacked: Choose this option if you think your account has been hacked.
- Identity Theft: Choose this option if you believe another user is posing for you.
- Minors: Select this link if you think you've found an account that belongs to a minor under 13.
- Report Account: Report an account that incites hate.
- Private Information: Select this option for accounts that display their users' private information (e.g. home address, etc.)
- Self-harm: Report user accounts that post pictures showing them in mutilation.
- Abuse and Spam: Click this option to report abuse, spam, or harassment.
- Exploitation: Report an account showing pictures of human trafficking.
- Other reports: If you don't see the reason for your report in this list, you can choose this option.
Answer alternative questions. Depending on the problem you've chosen, you may need to answer a few questions, navigate the drop-down menus, and fill out forms.
- Account hacked: choose one of the links below and follow the instructions.
- Identity Theft: Select one of the links below and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Minors: Click Create a report, enter your account information and confirm with the Submit button.
- Hate speech: Click Report Harassment, fill out the form and submit.
- Personal Information: Select Report, fill out the form and click Submit.
- Self-harm: Click the corresponding link, select the option Report if it is available, fill out the form and click Submit.
- Abuse and Spam: Choose the link under the header, click Report if it appears, fill out the form and submit it.
- Exploitation: Choose the link under the heading for you the resources available for the report.
- Other types of alerts: Select the link on the page, click Contact, then click Account Report, fill out the form that appears and submit it.
Wait until the problem is resolved. You probably won't get a response from Instagram, but your report will be taken into consideration. If the problem is not resolved within the next week, you can report it again or try another approach.
How to enable or disable Instagram notifications
Contact Instagram on mobile
Open Instagram, its icon is multicolored and looks like a camera lens. If you are already logged in, you should end up on the home page. If you are not logged in, you will need to enter your email address and password to log in.
Tap your profile photo. You will see it at the bottom right of the screen. This should take you to your profile page. Enter your settings. Tap the gear icon (on an iPhone) or the three pins (on an Android phone). You will see it at the top right of the page. This will take you to the Instagram settings page. Scroll down and tap Report a Problem. You will see it at the bottom of the page in the Help section.
Choose an option. Please select one of the following options.
- Abuse or Spam (on iPhone) or Report Abuse or Spam (on Android): Open the Help Center.
- Something is wrong or Report a problem: This option opens a text field to report the bug.
- General comment or Post a comment: opens the text field to write a comment.
Follow the instructions. Depending on the option you have chosen, your choices may vary.
- Abuse or Spam (on iPhone) or Report Abuse or Spam (on Android): Go to the Help Center.
- Something's wrong or Report a problem: Type your message and click Submit. On Android, you can also tap + to take a screenshot.
- General comment or Post a comment: Type your message and select Submit. On Android, you can also tap + to take a screenshot.
Wait until the problem is resolved. You won't get a response from Instagram, but they should try to fix your problem within a week of receiving the message. In the meantime, you can try to fix the problem yourself to improve your experience on this platform.
How to delete an Instagram account
- Incredible! Instagram allows you to try on clothes with augmented reality before buying
- What happens when I stop following someone on Instagram
- Discover Threads, the new Instagram app to contact your closest friends
- How to find out who has not accepted your request to follow him on Instagram
- How to get Instagram dark mode