How to disable comments on Instagram. How to disable comments on Instagram. How do I disable comments for my Instagram posts? You can disable Instagram comments if you don't want your followers or the general public to reply to your post. You can disable comments on Instagram post-by-post only before posting or after a post has been published.
While allowing followers to comment on your Instagram posts can be a positive experience, there may be occasions when you want to share something but don't want feedback. Maybe you're posting something that might be controversial or share a topic that's hard to discuss but seems important to post - whatever the reason, Instagram allows you to disable comments on your posts. (How to disable comments on Instagram)
- What happens when I stop following someone on Instagram
You can disable comments on Instagram posts before posting or after a photo or video has been posted to your feed. Unfortunately, it's not possible to turn off comments across the board and you'll have to disable them post by post, but this gives you more flexibility as there may be occasions when you want your followers to be able to have their say. Here's how to disable comments on Instagram.
With over 1 billion users according to Statista, Instagram is a great place to encourage engagement with your brand. In a very visual world, it allows you to get your message out there quickly and easily. But there is a downside to social media, and Instagram is no exception. While most users are perfectly adorable, there are some rotten eggs in the deck.
People who troll social media pages looking for ways to cause havoc. They can be extremely unpleasant and can even harm your brand if not handled properly. When it comes to dealing with trolls on Instagram, there are a few ways to do things:
- You can react: Normally not the best strategy because you end up giving the trolls more to work on. They enjoy this type of interaction best because it means they are getting a reaction.
- You can ignore the comments: This is the best way to go about fighting in most cases, but it means abusive comments are left in place. It also doesn't stop the troll from commenting further.
- You can turn off comments for the post: This sounds drastic, but if you have a troll who won't leave you alone, it might be the best way to shut them up. This way, no one will be able to comment on the post anymore. Unfortunately, it also means that no one will be able to see previous comments on that post.
- You can delete the offensive comment: It's not nearly as drastic as closing comments entirely, but it does have the benefit of leaving the nice comments in place and allowing for further discussion. Unfortunately, that may not be enough to get the troll to leave you alone.
In this post, we will focus more on how to disable comments on instagram.
- How to use Instagram: 7 tips to use it to the fullest
Should I turn off comments?
Disabling comments is, as mentioned above, a rather drastic step. You are preventing further engagement with the post and also hiding all positive comments. It is something that should be transformed as a last resort.
Try deleting the comment first. You can do this by simply selecting the comment and swiping left. The trash can icon will appear and you will have the opportunity to delete the comment or delete it and report the person commenting.
What it will do is remove the comment. What it won't do is stop the troll from making new comments. Even if you report them as spam, the user account will not be removed until an investigation has been conducted by Instagram.
The troll could easily start a new account. Also, trolls sometimes "hunt" together. If your post is being spammed by a troll who leaves bad comments, disabling comments can be a good way to prevent further damage and to keep them from being a nuisance.
That's not ideal, but you can always turn comments back on later if you like. You can create comments on a new post or even buy Insta comments to save time and speed.
How to disable comments on Instagram when creating a new post
Comments for each post must be managed individually. There are no universal settings when it comes to disabling comments on your account. Sometimes a troll will follow every step you take on the site. You delete their comments and post new ones. Post something new and they chase you about that too. This is where it might be useful to disable comments on a new post. To do this, you will need to:
- Log into the Instagram app.
- Click "Share" as you normally would and take a new photo or choose one from your library to share.
- Make any changes you want to make, as you normally would. Apply filters, crop the image, etc.
- Then press the “Next” button.
- Look at the bottom of the page and find the "Advanced Settings" button. Click on it.
- From there you can choose to turn off comments for that post.
- So all you have to do is hit the "Back" button and share as you normally would.
- To make sure you have this right, check the post - if the post button is missing, you have successfully followed the steps.
How to disable Instagram comments on an existing post
Sometimes you don't want to turn off comments right from the start. If you wish, you can choose to disable them at any time during the life of the post. If your post has already been shared, you will need to:
- Launch the Instagram app as usual.
- Find the profile button or home button at the bottom of the screen. This will allow you to select the post you want to disable comments for. Click on the post.
- In the upper right part, you will see the ellipsis. Click on this and then select “Disable Comment” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Check the post - there should no longer be a comment button.
Reactivation of comments
Let's be honest here; comments are one of the best things about Instagram. They allow people to interact with your post. Also, post engagement matters when it comes to how many people see your post. So, if you've decided you're ready to turn comments back on, all you need to do is:
- Launch the app as usual.
- Find the Profile or Home button at the bottom of the screen again and select the relevant post.
- Look at the top right of your post to find the ellipsis and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Enable Comment".
- You will now see that the comment button appears under the post again.
And this, in a nutshell, is like disabling comments and re-enabling them again. It's a pretty straightforward process that may sometimes be necessary.
How to save Instagram videos - Android and iOS
- How to delete multiple Instagram comments at the same time
- How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
- How to find out who has not accepted your request to follow him on Instagram
- Why can't I share Instagram posts in my Stories
- Instagram user not found which means
Most Interesting Articles
- how to steal neighbor s wifi password fast
- where can i download garena free fire photos images and wallpapers
- what command can i gain or remove experience in minecraft with
- how can you play roblox without downloading very easy
- yakuza 0 guide to fighting styles
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 45 acp
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 9x18mm
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 366
- blasphemous donation guide