You know you can hide WhatsApp chats on Android and iPhone, don't you believe it? With the advancement of technology and globalization, the way we communicate has changed. WhatsApp is currently the most used instant messaging application in Worldwide. Now we need to think about protecting your information and hiding WhatsApp chats on Android and iPhone.
WhatsApp is also used as a means of communication on a professional level, for this reason it is possible to make WhatsApp group video calls in 2020. Often this is information that you do not want to be seen by anyone with access to your phone. With this trick you can hide from curious eyes not only chats, but everything they include such as photos, videos, audios, files, among other things. You won't have to delete the conversation and restore it later. You will be able to access the information when you need it.
How to hide WhatsApp chats on Android and iPhone
This feature has been available on WhatsApp for a long time, but they are there identification who do not know it yet. It is never too late to learn, especially if it is something that can help us.
Hide a WhatsApp chat on Android
Select the conversation you want to hide. Press for at least one second above the conversation and new options will appear.
- In the upper right part of the application there are several buttons. Select the button with a square icon and inside it has an arrow.
- The conversation will be archived. WhatsApp hides the chat in another place where it is not visible.
- If you want to access the hidden conversation again, you need to go to the end of conversation history and select the archived chat. All the conversations you have hidden can be found there.
Hide a WhatsApp chat on iOS
The way of hiding a chat from iOS is very similar to the way of Android. There are just a few small variations.
- Select the conversation from the chat history and swipe from right to left.
- Select the option Archive and the conversation will no longer be in the chat history.
- To access the hidden conversations go to the top of the conversation history and there will be the link to the hidden conversations.
Cancel archiving of a chat
- If you are using Android, select the conversation, touch and hold with your finger for at least one second and the available options will be displayed. Select the square button with a up arrow to cancel archiving chat.
- In case you are using iOS, choose the conversation and swipe from right to left. Select the Unarchive option.
One important thing to mention is that conversations are kept hidden until a new message is received and the conversation is updated. The conversation reappears in the chat history.
Your WhatsApp on the web
In WhatsApp Web it is possible to hide chats. To hide chats you need to download and install a Chrome extension.
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Look for the extension called WhatsHide. This extension allows you to hide conversations on WhatsApp web or the type of content you don't want to see in conversations.
- Install the extension in your browser.
- After installing the extension, a new button will appear in the browser, right next to the address bar.
- When you have WhatsApp Web open, click the button and type the name of the contact you want to hide.
This option is useful for hiding information within conversations, for example you can hide a specific word within a chat. You have the option to hide more than one word and most importantly, the application is password protected.
Have you seen how simple it is to hide WhatsApp chats on Android and iPhone, you might be interested in reading how to add contacts in WhatsApp using QR codes.
- How to hide photos and videos on Whatsapp
- How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages and photos from iPhone
- How to hide the WhatsApp profile photo from a contact without blocking it
- How to change the background on WhatsApp of a chat or all chats
- Deleting WhatsApp contact, very easy