Let's see how to block users on TikTok and how to delete followers. TikTok is the trending app and, as we have talked about before, it is surpassing other apps like Instagram, Snapchat or WhatsApp. This app allows us to show all our creativity by posting short videos of all kinds that you can download and save, you can even collaborate with other users.
But as it always happens, the huge popularity that TikTok reached also brings some risks, although it must be recognized that this happens with all social networking applications. While TikTok has a fairly strict policy regarding content and compliance with the rules of coexistence within the community and among users of the application, this social network is not exempt from unscrupulous or malicious users.
Today we will leave you with a guide on how to block a TikTok user or remove them from your followers, so that you know what to do in case you need to perform any of these actions.
If you no longer wish to interact with a user, receive their comments or direct messages you can block them. The procedure to block a user in TikTok is very simple, almost the same as most applications like this. If you are using the application from a cell phone, these are the steps to follow:
- Open the app on your mobile.
- After opening the app, search for the profile of the person you want to block. You do not need to follow that person to block them.
- Then click on the three dots located in the upper right corner to open the drop-down menu of the app.
- Once the menu appears, select the "Block" option.
- Then click "Confirm".
Done, the user has been blocked and you will no longer see any of their posts or information about them. The platform will record your preferences so that you will no longer see that user's activity or comments in the feed.
In addition to blocking a user, TikTok allows an action called "Report/report a user". This action is performed by the profile of the user in question.
- Search for the user in TikTok.
- Open the drop-down menu by clicking on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- Click on the "Report" option.
- A window will open where you must "Select a reason".
Then you must check the appropriate boxes, then the application will notify you that the report has been successfully submitted. After completing these steps, the user will be blocked immediately and will no longer see any content in their feed.
Removing followers from your TikTok account is very simple and the person will not know that you have removed them from your followers. The steps to follow are as follows:
- Open theTikTokapplication.
- From your profile, select the "Followers"tab.
- Find the follower you wish to remove and go to their profile.
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen to display the menu.
- Select "Block".
Done! You have now deleted that follower.
To view and manage blocked users on TikTok you need to follow these steps:
- Tap the "I" icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Press the three horizontal dots to access the application's drop-down menu.
- Under the "Account" tab, select the "Privacy and security" option.
- Next, scroll down and select "Blocked Accounts" at the bottom of the page.
- From here you can unblock all blocked users if you wish, simply click "Unblock".
These are all the steps you need to follow to block users on TikTok or remove followers. It is highly recommended that you never lose sight of the fact that in every social network we find people looking for ways to abuse it and TikTok is no exception.
For this reason, we strongly recommend that you exercise your common sense when using this social network and any other to protect yourself from malicious people. Take care of the privacy of your profile and personal data, do not give little importance to the security rules, so you will avoid bad experiences.
Security features are out of the way; you should know that there is also an option to block or report individual comments, videos and chat messages.
To report a comment, tap the chat box to the right of the video preview window. Scroll through the comments and tap and hold the one you want to report. When a pop-up window appears, press "Report" and explain why. If you want to report the video itself, tap the arrow icon at the bottom right of the screen and select "Report".
Reporting individual chat messages is similar to blocking/reporting users. Once you are in the chat, press the three vertical dots and choose Report or Block. And if the user is really rude, feel free to do both.
Will TikTok warn the user if I block it?
No. TikTok does not provide notifications or indicators to the other person that you have blocked them. They will only see that they can no longer send you messages and that they can no longer view your content.
However, if you choose to unblock the user later, you will need to tap the "Follow" button on their profile again to send a follow request. This is a good indication that something was wrong and you may want to be ready to answer questions.
It's worth noting that the security options and menus are located in the "Privacy" window. Since you already know how to get there, we won't repeat the steps.
Anyway, there are seven different options for filtering the content you get that others can see. First, there is a menu to restrict comments on your posts and prevent others from confronting you. By default, both of these features are set to Everyone, even if you set them to Friends or disable them altogether.
The same goes for TikTok reactions, but the best part is that you can limit which users can message only their friends. The app must be set up this way from the start, and you can also disable messages altogether.
There are options to let others know which videos you like, set comment filters, and allow them to download your videos. Offensive and spam comments are automatically filtered out, although there is a button to disable the feature. You can also filter comments based on specific keywords.
Both features are quite useful for your child's TikTok account and if you use the platform for marketing and promotion.
- How to make your TikTok account private in 5 steps.
- How to activate TikTok Pro
- How to remove followers on Instagram, 5 methods
- How to withdraw money from your TikTok account
- When is the best time to post on TikTok?