TikTok is both simple and complex at the same time. The design and usability are very simple and the app makes video creation and interaction as easy as possible. The sheer volume of features and options we have available on the app is what makes it complex. Can you change a caption on TikTok after posting? Can you edit a video after uploading it? Can I remove a video if I want after uploading it?
We have received some questions from readers and the answers are worth taking a look at. Read on to learn how to edit a TikTok caption after posting.
How to upload TikTokk videos
First, it is important to understand the upload process. At the bottom of the main TikTok screen, you will see a “+” sign. Here's how to add new videos.
When you click on this '+' you will be taken to the registration screen. From there, you can select the length of your video and click the red button to start recording. Once this is done, press the red button again to stop recording and click the red check mark to continue.
This takes you to the edit page. The next steps will show you how to get back to this page using a workaround so that you can update the caption after posting.
Change a caption on TikTok after publishing
TikTok doesn't give you the ability to change a video's caption after posting; however, there is a workaround so not to have to register and republish the same content again.
Follow these steps to change the caption:
- Touch the icon "Io”At the bottom left of the screen
- Here you will see all the videos you have posted. Toccata the video with the caption you want to edit.
- Touch the "horizontal ellipsis " (three horizontal dots) to the right.
- Select "Save video ”.
- After the save is complete, repost the exact same video with the new caption. Click on the symbol "+" located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the "Load" On the right side.
- You will see a list of your photos and videos. Select the one you've already saved from TikTok, then tap "NEXT".
- Again, tap "Forward" in the upper right corner. On this page you can add text, stickers and edit effects.
- For the third time, tap "Forward" in the lower right section of the screen.
- Update the caption and change audience preferences.
- Select "Publish ".
- Now, your newly updated content will appear in your timeline and you will need to delete the original video. From the home page, tap the icon "The" located at the bottom.
- Select the video you want to remove.
- Touch the "Horizontal ellipsis" (three horizontal dots) on the right side of your video.
- In the row of options that appears above the “Cancel” link, scroll right and choose "Remove".
- Confirm your choice by tapping “DELETE”.
The downside to this, of course, is that you will lose any comments or likes of the video you received.
Frequently asked questions about TikTok
How TikTok Gifts Work
How to change eye color in TikTok videos
How to add photos to TikTok
The Best TikTok Video Downloaders
How to change location on TikTok
How do I add text to a TikTok video?
You can add a text caption to your TikTok videos after you are done with the video and hit the check mark. After pressing this check mark, more options will be available for you. In the right corner, you can click on the text field and more options will appear, including the color and font of the text. When you're done adding text to your TikTok, add any other filters you want to add, then finalize your TikTok.
How do I crop a video on TikTok?
To trim a TikTok video, press the “+” button, which will record a new video.
Once this video is recorded, tap “add a sound” in the upper right corner, then press the “red button” to record. Press the "Verify" icon at the bottom right; then, you will find the “Cut” icon in the upper right corner.
Once done, hit the “Next” button and you can add effects to your video.
Can I change the soundtrack of a TikTok video?
Changing the soundtrack is a little more complicated. Since the audio is saved in the original video, you won't be able to duplicate the audio without a third party editing app to do it. Since most TikTok videos are lip-synced, changing the soundtrack may interrupt the video. The soundtrack is added as a layer to the video during creation and then saved as a single file.
This method takes you back to the edit screen, so it's definitely worth a try.
Can I control who can comment on my TikTok video?
Yes you can. It's a general check as you can control who can comment on each video you upload rather than individual ones, but you can. The setting is found in the Privacy menu.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis (three-dot icon) from the main TikTok screen.
- Select Privacy from the next screen.
- Change the security settings for Who can send me comments .
Set who can send you comments on "All" to make your account public, "Friends" to make him just a friend. You can also see the options "Who can duet with me", " Who can react to me " e "Who can send me messages" in the same section. You can change them in the same way to control who can contact you while using the app.
- How to change your age on TikTok
- How to search on TikTok
- How to change TikTok username in a few simple steps
- How to add stickers to your TikTok videos
- How to make your TikTok account private in 5 steps