How to sell items on the Facebook Marketplace, plus key tips for selling successfully. Facebook Marketplace allows you to sell items online for free. You can sell items on the Facebook Marketplace via the desktop website or mobile app. How you want to get paid is up to you, and Facebook doesn't charge any fees unless you sell as a store.
Selling your stuff online has become a popular alternative to garage sales. For casual sellers, Facebook Marketplace is a free option that connects you to potential buyers in your area. But there are restrictions on what you can sell, and it may take some know-how to stand out on the platform. Here's what you should know about selling on Facebook Marketplace.
How to sell on the Facebook Marketplace
You can use Facebook Marketplace on desktop or mobile.
How to sell on Facebook Marketplace on PC
- Open Facebook and log into your account if necessary.
- click on Marketplace, located in the left sidebar.
- click on Create new listing.
- Select Item for sale.
- Click on Aggiungi photo and upload a photo of your item.
- Add information about your item. Enter 0 as a price if you want to list it as a free item. Select NEXT.
- Choose the delivery method, if necessary, and press NEXT.
- click on Public to publish the list.
How to sell on Facebook Marketplace on Android and iOS phone
- Open the Facebook app and log into your account if necessary.
- Tap the Marketplace button, located in the center of the lower toolbar.
- Select Sell.
- In the popup, below Create new listing, Choose Articles.
- Add your item information and at least one photo, then press NEXT.
- Choose a delivery method and rewards Public.
Facebook Marketplace payment details
The payment method on Facebook Marketplace is up to the seller. But the company recommends using Messenger or PayPal to get paid at the time of sale.
You can also use Messenger to decide which payment method works best for both parties. For example, if you prefer PayPal or Venmo, but the buyer doesn't have them, you could talk about a cash transfer when they pick up their item, as long as they're local. You can also send money via Facebook Messenger if you link your debit card or PayPal account.
Facebook Marketplace Shipping and Returns
You can only use the shipping feature if you are selling as a shop. This means that you will also be subject to a 5% sales commission per shipment or a flat rate.
After signing up for online payment and shipping, you will have a set amount of time after each purchase to ship the item to the buyer. Otherwise, the order will be canceled or canceled by Facebook. You can choose to cover the shipping costs yourself or let the buyer pay. You must add your tracking information and mark your package as shipped to receive payment for items that use the shipping option.
If the buyer requests a refund, you will have two business days to respond and try to resolve the issue. And any refunds must be issued within two business days of receiving the returned items.
Marketplace does not work on Facebook: what to do
Tips for Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Since many sellers are on the Marketplace, it's worth standing out. Here are some tips to help you do that:
- Check out the competition and rate your articles competitively.
- Take high quality photos using good lighting.
- Answer questions in a timely manner.
- Please provide as much detail as possible in the item description.
- Say you are open to offers and negotiate.
- Use tags to make your listings easier to find.
You should also familiarize yourself with commonly used acronyms on the Marketplace so you can use them too:
- PM: personal message
- OBO: or best offer
- NWT: new with tag
- PUP: awaiting withdrawal
- NIL: he next in line
- Marketplace does not work on Facebook: what to do
- Facebook Pay is a new payment system for WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook
- How to block someone on Facebook
- How to access Instagram via Facebook
- How to log into Facebook without letting others know