How to delete WhatsApp backups from iCloud, if you are a WhatsApp user and want to permanently delete WhatsApp backups from iCloud, then you are in the right place.
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging application and for a lot of people it is the most important application on their iPhone, for many users it becomes a struggle when they decide to delete the chat backups of this application created on iCloud.
Sure, you can easily turn off automatic backup by going to the application's Settings, but deleting the ones that have already been created isn't that simple.
This is exactly what we are going to show you in this post. Read on to learn how to permanently delete WhatsApp backups from iCloud.
How to delete WhatsApp backup from iCloud
- First turn off the automatic backup in your account. If this has already been done on the device, proceed to the next section.
- On your iPhone, launch the WhatsApp application and tap the 'Settings' button.
- Now tap on 'Chat Backup' from the menu.
- On the next page close 'Auto Backup' and select 'Off' on the next page.
- Now WhatsApp will not create any new backups of your chats, but you still need to delete the backups that have already been created, now go to section 2.
Now it's time to delete WhatsApp backups from your iCloud account.
- To open Settings and go in 'iCloud'.
- Now tap on the option 'Memory'from the menu. Your iPhone will ask you to enter your Apple ID password.
- Then click on 'Memory management'and then on the next page on'WhatsApp Messenger'.
- Finally tap on 'Modification'from the top right of the screen and then press on'Delete everything'.
This will delete all WhatsApp files, photos, videos and chats from iCloud.
- How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages and photos from iPhone
- How to delete apps from iCloud to free up space
- How to clear iCloud and free up space on iPhone, iPad and more
- 11 solutions to fix with WhatsApp backup stuck on iPhone and Android
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC