Without a doubt, Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular chat apps. You probably use it on a daily basis if you are reading this article. Like any method of communication, there are times when you just have to block someone, because they are particularly annoying or otherwise. After a while, you may decide that the person / profile no longer deserves to be blocked. Heck, you may even need to resume communication for selfish reasons. In any case, here is a quick guide on how to unblock someone on Messenger, for iOS, Android and web browser.
Marketplace does not work on Facebook: what to do
The interface is quite similar on iOS and Android. However, there are some minor differences.
iOS (iPhone and iPad)
1) Tap the Messenger app to launch it and select your profile picture (top left).
2) Scroll down and tap People in Preferences to access more options. Blocked is the last one in the window, which will list all the ones you blacklisted.
3) Tap a contact you want to unblock and press “Unblock on Messenger”. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm your decision. Tap Unblock again and you will be able to receive messages and calls from that contact.
The same window allows you to unblock someone on Facebook. As you may know, it is possible to block someone on Messenger and still be friends on Facebook.
What to do if Messenger keeps crashing in iOS
1) Again, start by selecting your profile picture in Messenger Chat and move on to People. From there on, the verbiage is slightly different.
2) Select Blocked people to view blacklisted profiles, then press Unblock next to a contact name. Of course, Android also allows you to block / unblock that person on Facebook from the same window.
This method may involve more work but is an alternative practice. This is what you need to do.
1) Log into Facebook on your favorite browser and click the triangle icon to access the More menu.
2) Choose Settings from the drop-down window and then from the Block tab (located in the left menu). Here you see the tab with the block management. You are looking for "Block messages".
3) You will find a list of blocked contacts in “Block messages”. Click Unblock next to the person's name to unblock. There will be no confirmation pop-up, so consider yourself warned.
How to disable Facebook notifications on Android
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON MESSENGER
Here is a quick rundown on how to block a user on Messenger.
1) Log in to Chat and go to the one you want to block. Open the chat thread and tap the profile picture of the person you want to block. Then, scroll down and tap Block for more options.
2) Select “Block on Messenger” in the following window and confirm your choice in the pop-up. Note that this action does not block that person on Facebook.
3) The other way to do this is to tap your profile picture in Chat, select People and then Blocked. Tap "Add someone" and choose a person from your contacts.
There is no option to block messages from commercial pages and profiles, at least it's not called Block. After tapping the profile picture of the page, you will see Receive notifications and Receive messages. Tap the button next to Get Messages to turn it off.
There are two ways to block a person on Messenger here.
1) Switch to the Blocking tab (as described above) and enter the contact's name in the box next to “Block messages from”.
2) Another option is to click on the Messenger icon, select the chat thread you want to block and click on the gear icon. Select Block and that's it.
LOCK, ACTION, UNLOCK
So who do you think deserves to be locked or unlocked? Feel free to share your experience with the rest of the community.
How to fix Facebook crashing all the time
- How to unblock someone on Facebook
- What to do when Facebook Messenger doesn't work
- What happens when you block someone on Facebook Messenger
- How to log into Facebook without letting others know
- How to disable Facebook Messenger