Unfold is an app designed to supercharge your Instagram Stories and add even more character to them. It's a cute app that helps you add even more design style to your stories by using some of its pre-formatted templates to increase the play of your stories.
The power of Unfold is in its simplicity. It provides a number of templates for your stories that can make her stand out. Add your images or videos to that template and upload your story as normal. You still use all the same creation tools you have on Instagram, but you also have other tools to use.
Even if you haven't recognized them, you will have seen a lot of Unfold templates on Instagram as they are used everywhere. From companies and brands with their carefully curated stories to individuals looking to improve their game, they are literally everywhere on Instagram because they are so good.
How to post a GIF on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter
Unfold is available for Android and iPhone and is free but contains in-app purchases. These purchases are sets of templates that you can use in your stories. There are many included for free, but some of the best are premium and cost between $ 0,99 and $ 1,99 each.
- Download and install Unfold from your local app store.
- Open the app and select "+" to start a new Story.
- Name your story on the first screen and select Create.
- Select the '+' on the next page to add a page to your story.
- Select an Unfold template from the bottom of the screen.
- Insert an image in the center of the new template.
- Tap the pencil icon to enter text or double-tap the placeholder text that's already there to edit.
- Select the download icon at the top right to save your Story.
- Open Instagram, create a Story and select your Unfold creation.
- Edit further or publish.
Here's how to create a basic story using the default settings. As you hope, you have a range of editing options within the creation page to make your story your own.
I love that he doesn't want all of your Instagram logins or access to everything on your phone. The feature of saving the Story and letting you open it on Instagram and post to you is an excellent feature and something that will encourage people to use it more.
While I've glossed over some of the editing options above, you have a lot to do when creating a story in Unfold.
- Select your library images in step 6 by selecting Gallery from below or take a photo.
- Add extra pages to your Story by selecting the '+' icon at the bottom of the page.
- Change the font and size from the text window on the Edit Text tab.
- Add text effects like inverted colors, bold, italics and so on from the same Edit Text tab.
- Select the pencil icon at the bottom right of the main screen to access the model colors. Select the raindrop icon for the color.
- Select the pencil and the T icon to change the text options. You can add more text or go to the Edit Text options and edit according to your needs.
- Reorder multiple pages by selecting the star icon and the back icon that appears halfway up on the left side.
There are 25-30 free templates and maybe more than 100 paid templates for Unfold. When you create your Story and select a template, you will see a slider at the bottom of the page.
This is where you choose your model. They will all be selectable but if you select one that you have not purchased, you will see a notification telling you that you do not have it. The app then gives you a price and the ability to buy.
Buying the model makes it available immediately provided you have a payment method installed on your phone and it's accessible from Unfold. As mentioned, prices range between $ 0,99 and $ 1,99 per model set, and you will receive between 5-10 models per set.
For once, the free templates available within an app are actually pretty good. Each of them is worth using and comes with a range of layout options and colors.
The premium ones take a leap in quality, but the free ones are enough to keep you busy as you consider whether you continue to use the app and invest in it. As big brands use Unfold quite regularly, many individual users are following suit.
Unfold is an excellent app that adds another layer of freshness to Instagram Stories. There will come a time when we have seen all the patterns and all the colors, but until then this app is worth using.
- 10 apps to create beautiful Instagram stories in 2020
- How to use Skype on Chromebook
- Whatsapp Web your Android
- How to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch
- Top 7 best Instagram story apps in 2019