We've all been there: you're lying in bed, scrolling through an endless feed full of overly political rants, friends doing things that piss you off, and maybe even a luscious souffle (which you have to steer clear of because of your diet). And then there comes a sudden moment when you realize you want a break from all of this!
You realize that social media often becomes an outlet for stress, anxiety and frustration. And when the sense of self-realization overwhelms you and you realize that it's finally time to unplug, we are right here, waiting for you and helping you along the way.
- What happens if I block someone on Instagram and how to block them
So, now that you've decided to disable your Instagram account, what should you do? To begin with, we tell you what changes. In this article, we will talk about what happens when you disable your account even temporarily and how you can disable your Instagram account.
- Instagram errors how to fix them
- How to post a GIF on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter
- How to mute someone on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter without them knowing
- How to share stories of others on Instagram
- How to like a direct message on Instagram
Let's take a look at all the changes that take place in your account when you disable Instagram.
Disabling your account is equivalent to not using it at all for the moment. Therefore, when you deactivate your account, you essentially log out of Instagram for a while. Your followers won't be able to find your profile. No user on Instagram will be able to locate your profile and, as such, will not be able to interact with it.
However, users will not be able to stop following you for the moment. This is the main reason people like to temporarily disable their accounts as it makes their profile disappear without a trace. The advantage of disabling your account is that once temporarily disabled, Instagram saves all your information on its servers. This means that you will not lose any of your data.
You will not be able to receive or send DMs when you disable your Instagram account. However, once you log in and reactivate your account, you will be able to see all of your previous chats and your messages will remain intact.
If someone were to search for you, they would see “Instagrammer” displayed where your name was. Your chats will still be available to others.
The account, after being temporarily disabled, will be available for some time. However, you can identify a disabled account by seeing a “No posts yet” message even though the post number is mentioned above.
If you've commented on a photo, that comment automatically disappears. Your likes will also disappear from other posts. But don't worry, these won't be deleted. As soon as you log in again, these comments and likes will appear again.
We hope we've made you understand what happens when you temporarily disable your Instagram.
How long can your account be disabled?
After temporarily disabling your account, your account may remain disabled indefinitely until you log in. Initially, the account activated automatically after a week, but it appears that Instagram has done away with that feature.
If at some point during your sessions, you realize that the time you spend on the app has been increasing day by day, you might consider disabling your Instagram account because:
1. Just like Facebook and WhatsApp, Instagram can be addictive. It can become so addicting that using it could reduce your professional and personal productivity. In such a situation, taking a break from this application seems like a logical option.
2. If you don't find enough time to take a look at the application and you are fed up with notifications, you can temporarily disable your Instagram.
3. In case you are traveling and do not want to show your activities on your Instagram page, you can temporarily disable it. Influencers are well aware that doing so will safeguard their followers.
4. Other than that, people can randomly deactivate their accounts to take a break from the internet in general.
5. If your exams are approaching, you should definitely temporarily disable your account.
6. Now that you have reason enough to disable your account, let's take a look at how you can disable your Instagram profile
To temporarily disable your account, you need to have a working browser as this feature is not available in the application.
1. Log into your Instagram account on your browser.
2. Once logged in, select the option Edit profile at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
4. Here you will find a blue colored option that indicates Temporarily deactivate your account.
5. When you tap this option, a new window will open.
6. Here you will need to specify why you are disabling your account.
7. Re-enter the password.
8. Now tap Temporarily disable account.
9. After you do, you will come automatically disconnected from the your Instagram account.
And this is all! This is the way to temporarily disable your account.
Now, once you've detoxed, you may want to go back to using your Instagram account.
1. Open theInstagram application on your device.
2. Enter your details, such as username and password.
3. If your account was linked to Facebook, you can also use this option.
4. After entering your details, press Submit And that's it.
5. You will be able to log into your account in simple steps like these!
Q1. How long does the temporary deactivation of Instagram last?
Temporarily disabling your Instagram lasts indefinitely until you log in again voluntarily.
Q2. What happens when you temporarily disable your Instagram account?
When you temporarily disable your Instagram account, other users will not be able to find your profile. Your comments and likes will disappear from other people's posts.
Q3. Do I lose followers if I temporarily deactivate my Instagram account?
You won't lose any followers if you temporarily deactivate your Instagram account.
Q4. What happens to Instagram direct messages when you temporarily disable your account?
Your direct messages are stored on Instagram's servers when you disable your account. Therefore, you can access it as soon as you log in again. However, for the person you message with, the chats remain available as usual.
We hope this guide was useful to you and that you were able to understand what happens when you temporarily disable your Instagram account. If you still have questions about this article, feel free to ask them in the comments section.
- How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
- Instagram user not found which means
- How to delete Instagram account
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What happens when I stop following someone on Instagram