How to change your WhatsApp phone number. People change their phone numbers for a variety of reasons. If you need to change your phone number, but don't want to lose your WhatsApp messages and chat history, here's how to keep WhatsApp and change your phone number to securely transfer your account.
Why change your WhatsApp phone number?
The most common reason people change their phone number is to avoid someone and start over. Other reasons include moving to a new country, changing jobs or having a similar number to someone else's, and no longer receiving unwanted calls or messages. Regardless of the reason, if you don't want to lose your message history when you change the number on WhatsApp, just follow the steps below.
- How to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
1. How to use WhatsApp to change the number on the same phone
Changing your WhatsApp phone number on the same phone is very simple. WhatsApp includes a feature in the settings to do it automatically for you. When you change your WhatsApp number, this is what will happen:
- Your old account will be deleted and your contacts will no longer see that number.
- All your chats will be saved to your new account.
- Your groups will remain the same, no changes on your part.
- All settings and profile information will remain intact.
Before using the WhatsApp number change feature, make sure you activate your new phone number using the SIM card on your phone.
Follow the steps below to learn how to change your number on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the menu a three points top right.
- Toccata Settings.
- Toccata Account.
- Toccata Change number.
- Read the disclaimer, then tap NEXT.
- Enter your old phone number, then enter your new phone number.
- Enable Contact notification, then choose who to notify.
- Toccata Done At bottom. You will be asked again to enter your new phone number.
If you ever start wondering what your WhatsApp number is, tap Settings > Profile and you will see your current registered number there.
2. Use WhatsApp to change the phone number on a new phone
Changing your WhatsApp number on a new phone is easy, but it requires a couple of additional steps. Start on your old phone and backup WhatsApp, then follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Open WhatsApp, then tap the menu a three points top right.
- Toccata Settings > Account > Change number.
- Use the Change Number feature on the old phone to migrate the account to the new phone number before switching. Your old account will be deleted automatically.
- On your new phone, install WhatsApp and verify your new phone number. Your account and profile will be migrated.
- You can then restore WhatsApp messages from the backup made.
- Make sure you notify all your contacts that you are changing your phone number, especially if you are using a new phone.
- How to change phone number on WhatsApp from the same phone or from a new phone
- How to protect Whatsapp with two-factor authentication
- How to activate WhatsApp without SIM
- How to know who saved your number using WhatsApp
- How to add contact to WhatsApp using the Chat tab or a QR code
Most Interesting Articles
- how to steal neighbor s wifi password fast
- where can i download garena free fire photos images and wallpapers
- what command can i gain or remove experience in minecraft with
- how can you play roblox without downloading very easy
- yakuza 0 guide to fighting styles
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 45 acp
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 9x18mm
- escape from tarkov ammo guide 366
- blasphemous donation guide