Gone are the days when we used to struggle with our laptops, cables, and other portable devices to enjoy our favorite TV shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV has given its users a lot of comfort by helping them stream directly to their TV.
If you are using an Amazon Fire TV device, there are many excellent features that you are probably not aware of. Therefore, here are the best features that will help you improve your Amazon Fire TV viewing experience.
Use the Alexa speakerphone
Amazon has created full hands-free Alexa control with the Fire TV. You don't need to press the voice button on the remote to find content and open an app in the Fire TV interface. Instead, you just need another Alexa-enabled device like an Echo and your speakerphone is ready.
To set it up, pair your device with Fire TV; go to the Alexa app on your phone and search for the Bluetooth settings , add Fire TV as a new device and the two are paired. Alternatively, ask Alexa to pair with your Fire TV!
In addition to playing and stopping your music, you can also control other Alexa-enabled devices. For example, you can see your camcorder camera or turn on smart lights on your TV.
View diagnostic information
Amazon Fire TV has a hidden diagnostics panel. You have access to a lot of basic information for advanced settings. For example, you can learn more about frame rate, video codec, CPU load, memory usage, display resolution, current Internet streaming speed, and other diagnostic data.
To access the diagnostics menu:
- Press and hold the button central of Fire TV remote for a second.
- Keep holding it, then hold the button down Down .
- Wait three seconds and release both buttons.
- Finally, press the button Menu (the three horizontal lines on the remote control).
A pop-up menu will appear. Toggle the X-Ray system e Advanced options per He. Now you can check and troubleshoot your Fire TV. You can figure out which apps you use the most, check video resolution quality, and adjust video streaming settings.
Control Fire TV from your phone
If you've lost your Fire TV remote or it's not working, you can still control Fire TV through your phone. The app offers the same buttons and functions as the remote.
Follow the simple steps below to control Fire TV via your phone:
- Download the Fire TV app on your phone from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Log in and enter your Amazon account email and password.
- Select the desired Fire TV device to control.
- You will receive a connection request code on the TV screen. Enter this code in your phone app.
- A connection is established between the phone and the TV. Now you can use your phone as a remote control.
Restart the device using the remote control
Sometimes, you may need to restart your Fire TV. If the Fire TV Stick freezes, there is no need to turn off the TV. You can simply restart it using the remote control.
Here's how you can do it:
- Press and hold i at the same time Select buttons e Play / Pause on the remote control for a few seconds.
- The Fire TV Stick will start restarting.
- You will see a message that the device is shutting down.
- After a short time, you will see the Fire TV logo loading.
Protect your privacy
Fire TV devices need to be connected to the internet, which raises privacy concerns. When using a device, you can keep track of what you watch, how much time you spend on the device, your location, the most active apps, and other similar information.
So, it is advisable to follow these steps to change the Privacy Settings and data monitoring su Fire TV Stick:
- Go up Settings .
- apri Pref Renze and select Privacy settings .
- disable both give on the use of the device e collect data on the use of the app .
- Return to the previous screen and set Data monitoring su off .
Customize the main screen
It's easier than ever to browse your Fire TV, go to your profile, and navigate by voice with Alexa first. You can find what you are looking for faster and navigate to key destinations like Home, Find, Live, Library, Profiles and so on without any problems.
Plus, you can pin and rearrange the order of apps for easy access to your favorites.
To use this feature, go to an app on the navigation bar at the top of the home screen. Then, press the del button menu per move it o hide .
You can create up to six user profiles on Fire TV. Profiles ensure that everyone gets personalized recommendations and can set their own preferences.
After setting up your Alexa voice profile, simply say “Alexa, switch to my profile”. Fire TV will show your profile.
Send your camcorder footage to Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV can also directly view live video feeds from home security cameras. This feature works with Alexa devices like Amazon Echo and Dot.
Follow the steps below to connect your camera to Fire TV:
- First, connect the Fire TV and a compatible device in the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Now install your home security camera in the desired location.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Select Smart home> Devices .
- Search Smart Home Camera .
- Select Enable skills . You will be prompted to log into your Alexa account.
- Once the skill is enabled, click devices to discover your camera.
- Select Discover and enable Alexa to find your security camera.
- Once everything is set up, you can stream the live feed to supported Fire TV devices.
Add a mouse and keyboard
Since the Amazon Fire app store contains apps that are not optimized for remote control, it becomes necessary to use a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse. This makes it easier to navigate between different apps on the Fire TV and speeds up the process of entering passwords and other search terms.
To connect a mouse or keyboard, do the following:
- apri Settings.
- Select Remote controls and Bluetooth devices.
- Select Other Bluetooth devices.
- Select Add Bluetooth mouse or keyboard and choose the one that's right for you.
Here you are! You can now use the keyboard and mouse on Fire TV.