Netflix allows you to download content to watch offline. You can download movies and TV series to your device so that you can watch them when you are not connected to the internet.
Can you download any movie or TV series on Netflix?
Netflix does not allow you to download all TV series and movies from the platform. Some of the content is licensed for streaming only, so you can't download that content to your devices to watch it offline.
Select the download quality on Netflix
Netflix gives you more quality options for your downloaded content. Depending on your internet connection, you can choose the resolution at which you want to download content for offline viewing on your devices.
Note that the quality option you choose applies to all your downloads. You cannot specify the quality option for TV series or for movies.
You can change the download quality in the Netflix app as follows:
- Open the Netflix app and tap More at the bottom.
- Toccata App settings.
- Select Video quality for download.
- Choose the option Standard o Alta.
How to download Netflix movies and TV series on Android
- Launch the Netflix app and tap Download down.
- Tap the button that says Find something to download .
- You will see all Netflix shows and movies that you can download to your device.
- Tap the one you want to download and then tap Download.
- You will find your downloaded shows or movies in the Download section of the app.
How to download Netflix movies and TV series on iOS
- Open the Netflix app and find the show or movie you want to download.
- If the selected TV series or movie is downloadable, a button will appear Download. Tap this button to start downloading it.
- When it has been downloaded, it will appear in the Downloads section at the bottom of the app.
How to download Netflix movies and TV series on Windows 10
If you are using a Windows 10-based computer or tablet, Netflix allows you to download TV series and movies.
- Log into the Netflix app, click on the three horizontal lines in the top left and select My downloads.
- click on Find something to download to see what's available for download.
Netflix shows all the TV series and movies you can download.
- Select the item to download, then click the button Download.
How to download Netflix movies and TV series on FireOS
Amazon Fire OS devices also support downloading content from Netflix.
- Launch the Netflix app and access the movie or TV series you want to download.
- If the title is available for download, you'll see a button Download. Tap the button and it will be saved to your device.
How to delete movies and TV series downloaded on Netflix
After you're done watching the downloaded content, you can remove the content to make room for new shows and movies. There is an option in the Netflix app that allows you to delete downloaded content.
- Launch the Netflix app and tap Download.
- Tap the content you want to delete.
- Tap the box next to the content and select Delete download. This will delete the selected item.
- To delete multiple downloaded files, tap the pencil icon on the Downloads screen, select the items you want to remove, and finally tap the Delete icon at the top right.
How to automatically download TV series episodes on Netflix
Netflix offers a call option Smart Download that intelligently downloads your TV series. When you enable this option, the app downloads the next episode of the series that you currently download and are watching.
For example, if you are watching episode 1 of a tv series, Netflix will automatically download episode 2 for you.
You need to enable the option Smart Download in your app before using it. To enable it, go to Other at the bottom right, select App settings and enable the function Smart Download in the download section.