How to take an Instagram poll to ask questions or poll your followers. Instagram polls allow your followers to engage with your story.
To create an Instagram poll, start by creating a new Story post by swiping right on the main Instagram screen. Ask a yes or no question or any question with two options, then share the poll in your Story. View survey results anytime within 24 hours of publication by swiping up on the Story slide.
Whether just for fun or for informal research purposes, Instagram polls are a fun way to engage with your Instagram followers. You can customize the question and two answers (or stick to a straight yes or no) and choose a background from your camera roll.
Once the responses start coming in, you can see how your followers rated and even get a breakdown of how many people voted for each option and who exactly voted for each.
Once you've collected the responses, you can share the results with your followers so they can also see how people voted overall (but not who voted for what). Here's how to create an Instagram poll.
- To put an Instagram poll on your story Open theInstagram app. Touch theicon of Your Profile at the top left of the screen or swipe right to add a Story.
- Take a photo by tapping the hoops at the bottom of the screen or choose a photo or video from your camera roll to post by tapping thesmall picture icon at the bottom left of the screen. You can also tap the icon "Aa" Crea to display an empty background.
- Touch theStickers icon, which looks like a square smiley face, at the top of the screen to display a menu of post additions.
- In the pop-up menu, tap the icon Survey to ask a question with two requests for answers. To ask a question with a sliding scale, tap theEscalator icon, which should be next to the Poll sticker option.
- Tap the field Ask a question… , then type your question or a short sentence on the topic you want people to vote on. For a regular survey, tap the boxes Yes e No to edit the answers or keep the boxes as they are if that's okay with your question. For an escalator survey, select an emoji to add to the escalator.
- When you're done editing the question and answer fields, tap Done.
- Tap La your story to share the survey with all your followers or Close friends to share the survey with your close friends list. You can also search for a friend or choose one from the Suggested list to send the survey via direct message.
- To view the results of an Instagram survey you've created, open theInstagram app and touch theicon of Your Profile at the top left of the screen to view your Story.
- On the Story slide with the survey, you will see the overall results. For more information on how many people voted and what each person voted for, swipe up on the Story slide or tap Seen from at the bottom left of the screen.
- To share the poll results in your Story, tap Share results, then select A your story o Close friends.
- This or that: give to the your followers two options and ask them to choose which one they prefer. Question your followers on fun and casual topics or ask them what types of content or formats they prefer on your feed.
- Yes or no: ask a yes or no question to gauge how your followers feel about specific topics. Again, you can go the random path or ask more curated questions to gauge interest in specific topics when it comes to your content.
- Escalator: rather than a simple yes or no, or having to choose between two different options, an escalator lets your followers choose where to drop on an escalator in response to your question.
How to put a GIF in your Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app on your device and tap theicon Messages in the upper right corner.
- Select a recent conversation or tap theNew message icon in the upper right corner.
- On the message screen, touch theblue camera icon next to the text box at the bottom of the screen.
- Take a photo or select one from your camera roll and tap theStickers icon, which looks like a square smiley face, in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Survey in the pop-up menu.
- A poll box will appear on your image - type your poll question in the section Ask a question and tap inside the boxes Yes e No to change the answer options.
- When the poll is ready, tap Send at the bottom center of the screen.
- How to add more photos to your Instagram Stories
- How to see Instagram stories anonymously
- How to silence someone on Instagram
- How to like a direct message on Instagram
- Why can't I share Instagram posts in my Stories