When you log into Facebook, you will automatically be connected to instant chat, which allows you to chat with your Facebook-connected contacts. However, you may wish to be offline to some friends on Facebook - or even just one - while you're online, the rest of your Facebook friends are.
How to be offline to some friends on Facebook
There are easy ways to go offline without removing any contacts, let's see them one by one.
How to be offline to all your contacts on Facebook
- Click "Options" in the instant chat.
- Select "Advanced Settings".
- Select "Turn off instant chat".
- Select "Save". Now you should be offline to all your friends on Facebook. This is the ideal option if you want to connect to Facebook but don't have time to chat.
Only allow some friends to see you online on Facebook
- Tap "Friends" on the left of your Facebook home page.
Click on "Create a list". Name the list. You could call it "Friends Chat" or "Online Friends". This will be the list of people who will be able to see when you are online. Once the process is complete, any friends who are not on this list will not be able to see when you log into instant chat. Type the name in the "List Name" field.
- Type the names of the people you want to chat with in the field below. Type in all the names of the friends you want to chat with. Click "Create". This will create the list of friends you want to chat with.
- Choose "Options" in instant chat. Select "Advanced Settings". Select “Enable instant chat for some friends only”. ”Type the name of your list in this field. This is the ideal option if you want to be able to chat with just a few of your Facebook friends. It will take less time than excluding many friends on a separate list.
- If you just want to chat with a few friends, you can skip the step of creating a list and just type your friends name here. If you forgot to add someone to the list, you can always add their name here. Click on "Save".
Block some friends from seeing you online on Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account. Enter your email address and password.
- Click on "Friends" on the left of your Facebook home page. This will take you to another page.
- Choose "Create a list". You will find this option at the top of the page. This feature allows you to create a list of people you want to appear offline for when connected to Facebook chat. Name your list. Since this will be a list of people they won't be able to see when you are online, you might call this list "offline friends" or "invisible friends" or something similar. Type this name in the "list name" field.
- In the field below, type the names of the friends you want to appear offline for. Type as many names as you want.
- Click on "Create". This will put all of these people on your new list.
- Choose "Options" in instant chat. This parameter is displayed by clicking on the “instant chat” tab and then on the trackwheel. Select the "Advanced Settings".
- Type the name of the list created in "Enable instant chat for all friends except". .. ”Then click on” Save ”. This will prevent people on the list from seeing when you are online.
We just finished talking about how be offline to some friends on Facebook. If you later wish to appear online in this list, simply delete the list to return to online status.
- How to see hidden friends on Facebook
- How to share WhatsApp status as a story on Facebook
- How to move all your Facebook photos to Google Photos by pressing this button
- Did they unsubscribe from Facebook? Let's find out who did it
- What to do when Facebook Messenger doesn't work